• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Classroom Crisis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Part me thought this show was interesting, other part of me didn't. Well when it came to political and personal affairs/conflicts, I suppose the show was appealing. But originally, I thought it would focus more on its technological side.

Oh well, a decent series but nothing really spectacular.
Quite an underrated show though especially compared to some of the others this season. Glad to see Nagisa found his position in the finale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:50 am Reply with quote
Someone should have realized the engine belonged to the company before they resigned. Then they could just dismantle it and tell them to figure it out themselves as they walked out the door. That technically wouldn't count as destroying company property, as long as they didn't destroy the parts. Of course to be sure, they'd have to disassemble a lot of parts down to screws, chips and wires. They could just claim it was post-flight analysis. Smile

Seriously, there's no way to do that dramatically in the time frame they were working in, so I guess their solution was good enough. Maybe what they should be looking at marketing is Nagisa's incredible healing powers. Kinda feel cheated that there was no actual reveal between Iris and Mizu though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

Here is an interesting fact, you can't cry in space, at least not in the sense it becomes tears that leave the eye during zero gravity. I think that is a good jumping point for a problem I had with this series, rather than jump straight into the sci-fi with the class/business side, it keeps itself a little too close to other genre. The spaceships look too much like contemporary aeroplanes instead of a logical evolution, and it can't seem decide what it wants to be. Does it want to be a more recognisable school, a sci-fi setting, focus on engineering, or on business? It kind of tries too much without properly prioritising and becomes cluttered.

I actually did like the idea of the end that the answer was that they make their own company, leaving the company that forgot its roots to reinvent the original idea. I think it was actually trying to set itself up for more at the end, and it did not entirely resolve the bit of revealing to people who Iris was. Why was she attached to him in the end that it looked like she was getting jealous of Mizuki? Up till now Iris was most clingy of her with barely a strong connection to Nagisa. There might be something with their past, but I think a little more of Nagisa acknowledging it would be needed.

With the setting I would probably connect it most to Bodacious Space Pirates, you know but with being bogged down by politics rather than cool pirate stuff and fun character interaction. Characters did become more likable towards the end, more than it might get credit for uninterest, but I go back to saying bogged down. I will give a rating of Decent. I was not liking where it was going but it pulled off a couple interesting things, like the hostage episode.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:14 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Someone should have realized the engine belonged to the company before they resigned. Then they could just dismantle it and tell them to figure it out themselves as they walked out the door. That technically wouldn't count as destroying company property, as long as they didn't destroy the parts. Of course to be sure, they'd have to disassemble a lot of parts down to screws, chips and wires. They could just claim it was post-flight analysis. Smile

Nagisa planned this move, and he certainly knew the engine belonged to the company. He didn't care, because the engine isn't what's valuable--the A-TEC team is what's valuable. The rest of the team had the plan dropped on them and immediately started working overtime, so I'm not surprised they didn't pause to think too much about IP ownership.

A-TEC is valuable because of its ability to innovate. I doubt it's the only engineering team in the corporation. Unless A-TEC also destroys the blueprints and deletes all the model calculations they ran through company equipment, the other teams can reconstruct the engine from what they did without trouble.

As for going so far as to dismantle the engine and destroy all the plans: They disclosed the demonstration to the public without obtaining approval from the company. They did this with the specific purpose of advertising the engineering prowess of a team that is about to leave the company and start a rival company so that the rival company can receive investments.

What they did was illegal enough under fair competition and trade/business secret law without the additional issue of sabotage.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I really approve of the "suddenly, love triangle!" ending. Would have worked better had Iris been shown developing an interest in Nagisa before she got her memories back.

Anyways, pretty enjoyable show overall. It's good they had the sense to use most of their time to focus on the 4 leads but they could have put more effort into the other A-TEC members. Especially when they hint at things but don't follow up, like that one guy possibly being a girl. That gun on the wall never got fired.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
@ Raftina: Yeah you're probably right. I just didn't want the company to have even the current engine. Smile

I think I'm totally unclear on the timeline though. They rescued Nagisa during the presentation, and he was on death's door. And then he didn't even look tired when he dropped all this on big bro on the way home? When did he have the time/opportunity to pull all this together, and why did he never tell anyone what he was doing whenever he did it? What if the A-Tec gang wasn't on board for forming a new company?

Vaisaga wrote:
Especially when they hint at things but don't follow up, like that one guy possibly being a girl. That gun on the wall never got fired.

I don't even remember that. But I agree about the harem in the making for Nagisa. Not at all happy about Iris's sudden transfer of affections, especially since Mizuki apparently never even got a hint about the reason - which I can't buy anyway without having to now see Iris as a shallow butterfly who lights upon whomever she sees as her knight of the moment. :/
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I don't even remember that.

During their stay at the hot spring inn, the one "guy" suspiciously refused to go to the baths with the other guys. It's the most standard of reverse trap flags.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:51 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I don't even remember that.

During their stay at the hot spring inn, the one "guy" suspiciously refused to go to the baths with the other guys. It's the most standard of reverse trap flags.

Wait, who was this character?
..... Subaru Yamaki?

Wait, I actually thought that they were a girl the entire time, that her part male uniform was like a quirk. I was not really paying attention that much to be honest.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:04 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that character.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:16 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

He was with them.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
I think I'm totally unclear on the timeline though. They rescued Nagisa during the presentation, and he was on death's door. And then he didn't even look tired when he dropped all this on big bro on the way home? When did he have the time/opportunity to pull all this together, and why did he never tell anyone what he was doing whenever he did it? What if the A-Tec gang wasn't on board for forming a new company?

I believe this was the plan Nagisa was putting together near the end of episode 11. You can even see it titled A-TEC rebuilt plan when he was typing.

If Yuji hadn't suddenly reappeared, he would have had time to talk to the A-TEC members to see if they are onboard. If not, he would still have had the fallback option of rebuilding the unit within the company--as a director and a much more experienced businessman, he would have had an easier time convincing the board to reconsider than Kaito did.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:42 am Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:

To peek, yeah, but not to actually get in the baths:

At any rate, just one of those things they hinted at but never expanded on, like how that one short haired girl has a crush on Kaito.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
I really think it goes back to what I said was a problem with the show, it tried to squeeze too much in without giving the needed focus on things like all the students. Really one of the only not main character student I remember was that guy with the glasses, which was because he visually looked different from the rest of them.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015)

Spoilers Reminder for Marathon Discussion: Tag all spoilers within your post(s) and record the episode number(s) you're discussing at the top of your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4