• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter's English Dub Previewed in Adult Swim's Toonami Ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:14 pm Reply with quote
awehrfaiwevasdnbvasjfndal kuwuhfl
SO EXCITED
*Head hit keyboard*
And I've already seen the show...
COREY2293

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:03 am Reply with quote
dub sounds super girly. if i closed my eyes i would just see females.

anyway, i might rewatch the york new ark when it gets to it. i love that art so much. uvo is just one hell of a villain

i loved the chimera ant arc but i still cant help but feel disappointed that its where the anime ended. it should have kept going
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:41 pm Reply with quote
COREY2293 wrote:
i loved the chimera ant arc but i still cant help but feel disappointed that its where the anime ended. it should have kept going

It did. The 2011 anime went for one more arc.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:30 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

I am sure the dub will be solid. My only question is if Toonami is prepared to run this series for 3 years. What happens if the ratings start tanking?

Adult Swim typically buys the TV rights in blocks of episodes for long series, not the whole series.

KidOblivion wrote:

Toonami usually makes custom promos for Toonami shows. Might be different this time, InuYasha aired it's opening but Naruto didn't.

Williams Street usually leaves it to the dubbing company what to do since the dubbing company knows more about the show than they do (and they don't have the time nor manpower to do the extra work). They just provide the dubbing company the guidelines (like time limits).
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:48 am Reply with quote
[quote="enurtsol"]
angelmcazares wrote:

Williams Street usually leaves it to the dubbing company what to do since the dubbing company knows more about the show than they do (and they don't have the time nor manpower to do the extra work). They just provide the dubbing company the guidelines (like time limits).

I do hope they air English credits for HxH, when the show airs on the block, because we can have a better understanding on who's who in the dub for each episode. I was disappointed that the Toonami airings of Naruto Shippuden only just leave us with the Japanese airings of the show, instead of the English credits, even though this was done at Studiopolis and it seems that the English credits only appear as bonus on the DVD Box Set. Now my only concern is if whether or not the English End Credits will ONLY just credit just the voice cast of the Main/Major characters, and leaving out the voice actors for the incidental/one-off characters uncredited? Because the English credits for Kill la Kill when it aired on Toonami just credited ONLY the Main dub cast of the show, but leaving out the voice actors for the minor/incidental characters uncredited.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I figured for Kill la Kill, that's due to Toonami editing down the end credits and using the same one for every episode. It's currently going on with the opening credits for One Piece, which has voice credits over the Ice Hunters arc even though we're now in the Thriller Bark arc.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
COREY2293 wrote:

It did. The 2011 anime went for one more arc.

isnt that just part of the chimera arc. anyway, at the end gon and his dad spoke about where the chimera came from and just did a tonne of world building and then it was over.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
COREY2293 wrote:
isnt that just part of the chimera arc. anyway, at the end gon and his dad spoke about where the chimera came from and just did a tonne of world building and then it was over.

That story picks up directly from the Chimera Ant story, but it's largely considered its own arc. It has its own setup, its own set of characters, the villains are different from the Chimera Ant story, and most of the plot events are not related to the Chimera Ant story besides spoiler[Isaac Netero's death], whose only purpose to this arc is to get it started.

That's the thing about Hunter X Hunter: It doesn't have completely standalone story arcs. Everything is connected to some other arc in some way.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
COREY2293 wrote:

That story picks up directly from the Chimera Ant story, but it's largely considered its own arc. It has its own setup, its own set of characters, the villains are different from the Chimera Ant story, and most of the plot events are not related to the Chimera Ant story besides spoiler[Isaac Netero's death], whose only purpose to this arc is to get it started.

That's the thing about Hunter X Hunter: It doesn't have completely standalone story arcs. Everything is connected to some other arc in some way.

i know but i think you are missing my point completely. i am upset that the anime stopped just as they did a lot of world building. i dont care that they are both separate arcs.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:41 am Reply with quote
All right then. Yeah, if they planned on stopping there, they should've changed the ending to at least wrap up Gon's story, even if spoiler[Killua's and Kurapika's] have plenty of loose ends. There's no way they wouldn't know Togashi would take a lengthy break at some point during production.
MrHarding

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:52 am Reply with quote
princess passa passa wrote:
^ Yeah it's Hunter Hunter not Hunter x Hunter, but don't worry I thought the same thing till I found awhile back Smile

Also, in the promo when they said "applicants" I thought they said "Africans" Laughing

Just keeping saying Ex hunter, It sounds way better!
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:46 am Reply with quote
Viz Media announced yesterday that Tony Oliver will direct the HxH 2011 dub.
https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/717755223687634944
COREY2293

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
All right then. Yeah, if they planned on stopping there, they should've changed the ending to at least wrap up Gon's story, even if spoiler[Killua's and Kurapika's] have plenty of loose ends. There's no way they wouldn't know Togashi would take a lengthy break at some point during production.

i doubt the manga will ever get finished. didn't it take years for the chimera arc to finish? it would have been great if togashi just finished his story in the anime. i bet he wouldnt need to work as hard
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4