• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Nekopara

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:04 am Reply with quote
AholePony wrote:

Academically, reading opinions from these perspectives is interesting, and useful if this were an op/ed titled "why I hated nekopara". But as a review, with I believe an intent to possibly drive sales to advertisers; as I said above, I don't think they're really very useful to the community or fandom, even those new to it.

This is a gross misunderstanding what reviews are for. We're not writing ad copy, and we're not here to kiss the companies' asses. We're here to write our opinions in a way that can help people decide whether or not they want to watch a show.
Northlander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Do they have normal cat life spans?

The OVA -- which is apparently based on the first game -- shows how our main lead found Chocola and Vanilla at basically just past toddler age, and now they are suddenly teenagers after just a few years, so.... yeah, they age alarmingly fast, apparently.

And you can also just abandon them in boxes like one would real cats too, it would seem. Which I think is an awful thing to do to animals in general, but wowza....
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:31 pm Reply with quote
John the Dark Lord wrote:

The creator actually answered one of those. Catgirls are seemingly a One-Gender Race, and they pointedly cannot reproduce with humans, so where do they come from? Well, according to the creator, there are catboys, we just never see any in the story.

Thanks. Maybe they're just really rare? lol

all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:

I'm sorry but if you think it was only "occasionally ecchi", you've clearly watched so much ecchi/hentai anime that you are completely desensitized.

Completely desensitized? That's over the top, don't you think? As I said I haven't seen the whole thing, so maybe that changes as the series goes on, but I don't consider a clothed crotch shot during an episode to make the entire thing overflowing with ecchi content. You can disagree, but please don't be hyperbolic about it.

Northlander wrote:
Covnam wrote:
Do they have normal cat life spans?

The OVA -- which is apparently based on the first game -- shows how our main lead found Chocola and Vanilla at basically just past toddler age, and now they are suddenly teenagers after just a few years, so.... yeah, they age alarmingly fast, apparently.

Damn, hopefully they just have a fast start...

Quote:

And you can also just abandon them in boxes like one would real cats too, it would seem. Which I think is an awful thing to do to animals in general, but wowza....

Right? That's what got me to think about the pet shop. Strange world.
MetalEmolga7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:32 am Reply with quote
I feel like this is the type of premise that really only works in a video game. Because otherwise you have to pretend that the self insert main character is really a character. When their just a self insert
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4