• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Court Hands Suspended Sentence to Please Tell Me! Galko-chan Creator Kenya Suzuki

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megumi Chisato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:37 am Reply with quote
The author's crime is horrible, but the series is amazing. I know it might be impossible to do for some, and that's fair, but all I can do is advocate that people not let the series pay for the sins of its author.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:50 am Reply with quote
Megumi Chisato wrote:
The author's crime is horrible, but the series is amazing. I know it might be impossible to do for some, and that's fair, but all I can do is advocate that people not let the series pay for the sins of its author.

Personally, where this was not a one-off incident, and that the author was probably into this trash during the entire publication of the series(and likely long before), it makes it much harder to "separate art from artist" here. Even a one-off in this situation is enough to make me not touch the work again. This isn't drug possession.
Girlychica

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Megumi Chisato wrote:

Well, the problem is that unless you're pirating it, you're giving him money by watching or reading it. I loved Galko-chan and I used to recommend it a lot, but I can't do it anymore with a clean conscience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4