• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood+ (TV) (Dub, adult swim).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quote
cutiepie123 wrote:
post what you like about if you don't post what you don't like about it who is your favorite charcter who's your least

It's common courtesy to give your own opinions in order to start an actual conversation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cutiepie123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:32 pm Reply with quote
well what i like about blood+ is the fact that its intresting enough to catch someone's interest my favorite charater would have to be haji because he's very quite and strong too my least favorite character is joel beacause he's the one who started all the choas between saya and diva. i don't like diva because she's a brat but i don't really blame her for killing him i wouldve killed him myself if i was treated like that *sigh* however if it wasn't for that there wouldn't be any known reason why saya lives to kill diva or why she kills chiropterans no would there. mmmmm
Vortextk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Learn to use spoiler tags or atleast mark it. Sure someone that is looking out for spoilers for this anime should be careful of reading this thread anyway, but it's common courtesy to not give anything away past first episode or two without some kind of spoiler warning.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:16 am Reply with quote
Diva likes little boys. Twisted Evil (NOTE: This is NOT a spoiler)

Aside from any kind of plot material, I cite this series as one example where the English voice acting is better than the Japanese version. I have my doubt that any Japanese voice actor can produce a Jamaican accent (for Lewis).
jigoku_hime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:30 am Reply with quote
I have watched the first few episodes of Blood + and I honestly don't like it. I think there were too much action and too much action bores me Sad
.::Lain::.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:05 am Reply with quote
Comparing it to Blood: The Last Vampire, sure it will bore you. At first I was thinking this way because I liked Blood: The Last Vampire even without any revelations about chiropterans' history still the action kept me going. After watching few episodes I even thought spoiler[ what did they do to Saya for her to turn out like this]... but following up the story I learned to love the spoiler[naive Saya] portrayed here...

Anyway there's a reason why Saya of Blood: The Last Vampire was so cool and brutal... spoiler[She was forcedly awakened by David (I'm not sure which generation of David...) during the Vietnam War causing her to go berserk.]

Also I heard some news that there's going to be a live action of Blood: The Last Vampire which will be released next year, 2008. Jun Ji-hyun, Korean actress from the movie "My Sassy Girl" will be the one who'll play Saya.

Maken Buster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was alright, but nothing mind blowing.

Characters like Haji (the next person I hear utter the words "Saya, fight!" around me gets a punch in the face!) and Kai annoyed the hell outta me and Saya spoiler[seemed pretty damn useless throughout the entire series]. While I did enjoy it, I was expecting a little more gore and spoiler[better fight scenes involving the big baddies]. Also, the hit in animation during the last 1/3 really hurt it, in my eyes.

However, I really liked Diva and the spoiler[death of Riku] was unexpected and really well done. I found the ending satisfying, too.

Overall, I did like it, but I rolled my eyes a lot. Perhaps my expectations were too high going in, but for the most part, I thought the drama was rather cheesy. Even though I focused mainly on what I didn't like, I'd rate it as Decent.

Last edited by Maken Buster on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:25 pm Reply with quote
abominaSion wrote:
also who played Saya in the ova(dub and sub), I lnow it wasn't Kari Wahlgren.

You could try checking the Encyclopedia. Youki Kudou does the voice of Saya in Blood: The Last Vampire in English and Japanese.
There is only 1 audio track on the DVD I have. Some of the dialog is in English and some is in Japanese.
Xanas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Is there a region 1 release for this show yet? I took a look at amazon the other day and could find nothing, yet normally for a show that is this far on cartoon network I could find something.

I'm asking as I am completely unable to follow cartoon network at times (we are playing wow a lot on saturday and usually miss things). I decided due to this to not watch but buy the show, yet.. I cannot find it.

Of course I also immensely despise the late-night commercials on cartoon network, another reason I hate to watch that channel.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Xanas wrote:
Is there a region 1 release for this show yet? I took a look at amazon the other day and could find nothing, yet normally for a show that is this far on cartoon network I could find something.

The same company that licensed Blood+ also licensed the remake of Cyborg 009, released two fairly random volumes (of a 52-episode series), and dropped it. They do a good job with the movies they license (Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door and Katsuhiro Otomo's Memories, for example), but they're the absolute worst for TV series (okay, second worst, Bandai Visual did more than enough to take their bottom slot, and they even suck at releasing movies).

Basically, if you want to hang on to Blood+ to watch at your leisure, your only legal options are to set your TiVo or set your VCR. You're completely SOL otherwise, because there will never be a full Region 1 DVD release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote
jigoku_hime wrote:
I have watched the first few episodes of Blood + and I honestly don't like it. I think there were too much action and too much action bores me Sad

Are we...talking about the same show? It's pretty slow. Pretty really slow.

And it does get better. When I saw episode 6 (6? My Father's Hands, or whatever) I didn't think there was any way the show would be able to redeem itself, but as of episode 33 it's definitely not bad at all. Here's hoping it doesn't screw up towards the end.
Vortextk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Jigoku, you definitely could stick with it as monster in a box suggests. The part that bored me was the no action Wink . The series got very dull and the VERY HUGE BIG LARGE FIGHT in the middle, is skipped(You see everyone get ready, and that's it). Way to keep the animation budget down guys.

Saya was so annoying and worthless most of the series I got bored.spoiler[Ok at the beginning, she's a regular teenager; I understand being hesitant. But by the end, she was still a horrible fighter until the LAST fight with Diva. Suddenly Diva's super powers and Sayas non-existant powers are even, and Saya wins? Come on. She didn't beat one strong enemy on her own till the last fight.]

If it would've kept more horror to it and less shounen trappings I would've liked it more. The problem with it's fighting compared to other shows like Bleach is that she just magically gets better or worse depending on the situation. Naruto or Bleach aren't always good with consistency, but they get stronger because they actually train or learn new things.(Besides emotional outbreak moments of insane power)
Xanas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Thats sad to hear Sad I'd probably have bought it, too. Oh well.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Basically, if you want to hang on to Blood+ to watch at your leisure, your only legal options are to set your TiVo or set your VCR. You're completely SOL otherwise, because there will never be a full Region 1 DVD release.

That's really sad since I've been waiting for this release. I believe Sony has the rights in Japan which gives me hope that they will release a Blu-ray release there. It seems to be the general trend for many Blu-ray (most Bandai Visual, Buena Vista's GITS Innocence, Vap's Utawarerumono, and of course Sony's Paprika) releases is to have the English subs and audio included.

I'm really tempted on buying the Utawarerumono box set and am waiting for PQ/AQ reviews and confirmation on the sub/dub since it retails for 52,500 Yen. I would also jump to a Blood+ box set if it was priced at around 50,000 Yen or less and included subtitles. As of now the 13 R2 releases add up to 792,25 Yen for standard definition which I am not willing to pay, especially if they rerelease it in HD. It surprises me how the HD formats don't cost much more than the standard definition releases in Japan.
jigoku_hime

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:12 am Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
jigoku_hime wrote:

Are we...talking about the same show? It's pretty slow. Pretty really slow.

And it does get better. When I saw episode 6 (6? My Father's Hands, or whatever) I didn't think there was any way the show would be able to redeem itself, but as of episode 33 it's definitely not bad at all. Here's hoping it doesn't screw up towards the end.

I think we're talking about the same show. Too much action is just my opinion though. I probably said it because I tried to look at the latter part of the series and as far as I can see there are too much action. Well, I really hope it gets better because I'm going to stick with it to see if it gets interesting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7