• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:45 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Well, aside from the times spoiler[she stabs herself to death.]

Well, yeah. spoiler[But since she has to die in every cycle, having a group of people out to kill her would probably account for the ones we're not shown.]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyone spot something I missed?

I can add something I pieced togather:
spoiler[Satoko was the only one to survive (until that nurse killed her anyway), and she was also the only one getting those injections of whatever that stuff was. Also when Keichi was totally crazy in the Spirited away by Demons chapter in the first series and killed them, Mion and Rena were trying to give him a simmilliar injection. Now one has to look at the last arc of the first series where Keichi remembers killing them in a previous universe and he sees that he was the crazy one and that they might have actually been trying to help him. I don't really think this is coincidence, and that whatever that substance is, it's a vacination or a cure for whatever keeps happening. In any case it seems some kind of connection can be drawn between the injections and character's mental health.

Also this arc brings to light that there are at least two opposing forces or factions who each have their own purposes. Rika is attempting to save everyone and something else is doing the opposite.]
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Quote:

spoiler[Satoko was the only one to survive (until that nurse killed her anyway), and she was also the only one getting those injections of whatever that stuff was. Also when Keichi was totally crazy in the Spirited away by Demons chapter in the first series and killed them, Mion and Rena were trying to give him a simmilliar injection. Now one has to look at the last arc of the first series where Keichi remembers killing them in a previous universe and he sees that he was the crazy one and that they might have actually been trying to help him. I don't really think this is coincidence, and that whatever that substance is, it's a vacination or a cure for whatever keeps happening. In any case it seems some kind of connection can be drawn between the injections and character's mental health.]

Hmm, I don't know that it's necessarily spoiler[a cure/vaccination.]
In the first season, K1 and Rika both killed themselves after being injected. In this latest arc spoiler[Dr. Irie was killed by a lethal injection.]
Given that Takano Miyo is the local nurse, I suspect her hand again in this.
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Quote:

spoiler[Satoko was the only one to survive (until that nurse killed her anyway), and she was also the only one getting those injections of whatever that stuff was. Also when Keichi was totally crazy in the Spirited away by Demons chapter in the first series and killed them, Mion and Rena were trying to give him a simmilliar injection. Now one has to look at the last arc of the first series where Keichi remembers killing them in a previous universe and he sees that he was the crazy one and that they might have actually been trying to help him. I don't really think this is coincidence, and that whatever that substance is, it's a vacination or a cure for whatever keeps happening. In any case it seems some kind of connection can be drawn between the injections and character's mental health.]

Although I don't believe this entirely negates the assumption you made in your last sentence, you forgot about the important fact that spoiler[the syringe that Mion was supposedly getting ready to inject into Keiichi was actually a marker and was never actually injected with anything or close to. It showed this in his flashback when the "syringe" slowly morphed into the marker to show how badly Keiichi was hallucinating. I think the girls were simply subjecting him to another penalty game by doodling on his face like before but of course, Keiichi ended up wildly misinterpreting that and believing his life was in danger, killed them in self defense.]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Crap, well scratch that theory then, although spoiler[drugs still seem to be connected to why or why not they go crazy.]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone else watched Nekogorashi-hen? It seems like an animated TIPS or something from the last story arc of the first season.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it didn't really do anything for the main story, just kind of self-contained sidequest thing. I heard it was some kind of bonus disc you got if you sent in a bunch of Proof of Purchase labels.spoiler[You do get to see Mion in a bathing suit most of the episode though.]
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:25 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Yeah, it didn't really do anything for the main story, just kind of self-contained sidequest thing.

I heard someone say it added a bit to the story by spoiler[hinting at something going on in a quarry?]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
It did seem to have some information relevant to the main story. I was hoping someone who was familiar with the games could confirm that this was either an animated TIPS or something out of one of the story arcs (I would guess it was from the last one of the first season, since it shows spoiler[Keiichi remembering killing Rena and Mion from the first arc.])
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I hope they'll include it in the DVD release, not getting my hopes up too high on that one though.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'd like to see it on the R1 release, but I'm not expecting it since it was (I believe) part of a special fandisc that was only obtainable by purchasing all of the R2 DVDs and sending something in from them.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quote
Finished Episode 5.

Poor, poor Satoko. spoiler[She suffers through traumatic experiences (Rika, her other friends and the village's dead bodies), injuries from her falling twice, AND the fear of being murdered, yet just when it seems like she knows something as she recovers, she gets killed]. Sad

Overall, I liked the arc. Watching the fun times was pretty enjoyable for me (Keeeiiii!!!), and a little Shion fanservice never hurt anybody. Razz With Minagoroshi-hen finally coming around the corner, I can't wait to see the mysteries unfold.
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Just finished episode 6, and there are a few things of note -
spoiler[Firstly, we get to see Hanyuu at long last. I liked the method Rika developed to get back at her when she was annoying Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop . Secondly, they're running out of resets. And lastly, Satoko's got some incurable disease, supposedly. Not entirely sure I believe the last point, but then I'm a suspicious bastard Razz .

Other than that, the rest of the episode just seemed a bit like the theory put forth in Minority Report and elsewhere - that you can't change the future unless you already know what's going to happen and actively take steps to alter the course of events.

I wonder if Rika'll win this time?]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Ramadahl wrote:
Just finished episode 6, and there are a few things of note -
spoiler[Firstly, we get to see Hanyuu at long last. I liked the method Rika developed to get back at her when she was annoying Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop ]

That was cute. I LOLed.

Quote:

I wonder if Rika'll win this time?

Well, since there is at least one more story arc after this one*, I'd say no, she's not going to "win" this time. Also, I hear spoiler[that this is the bloodiest arc.] (only spoilerish in the vaguest sense, but tagged just in case)

* There is one more PC chapter, but there were two (I think) additional ones for the PS2. I'm hearing that the anime will supposedly only be covering the PC arcs, which would make sense, because then they could devote a lot of episodes to each of the remaining chapters and they shouldn't have to take out much (unlike the first season, which apparently had a lot cut out in the adaptation process).
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 6 was really great for a couple reasons spoiler[First the person Rika's been talking to is finally visible, to us at least. Second they confirmed the parallel dimensions theory solidly. Lastly Keichi gave the doll to Mion! Heh, her rection was cute. Maybe that just means Rena will go nuts again this time though. ] Can't wait for more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8