• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Upotte!! (ONA).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banken

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote
They haven't said for sure what the male teachers are although I agree. Although so far they've only mentioned the girls are guns.

So far there have been at least two female teachers said to be guns, but they haven't said any of the male characters are guns as of yet. Maybe they're machine guns instead of ARs...

Sig still uses 5.55 NATO, although it's a special round instead of SS109.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
They haven't said for sure what the male teachers are although I agree. Although so far they've only mentioned the girls are guns.

So far there have been at least two female teachers said to be guns, but they haven't said any of the male characters are guns as of yet. Maybe they're machine guns instead of ARs...

The drill instructor teacher is an M1 Garand, and the principal is a 1903 Springfield. This is no idle speculation, they're mentioned in the manga and have character pages for the anime. The fan theory seems to suggest that internal magazine rifles are men while external magazine fed rifles are women.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
That makes perfect sense.

Then what the hell are the male students? Sniper rifles? Because those are the only modern internal magazine weapons in use besides hunting rifles.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
The fan theory seems to suggest that internal magazine rifles are men while external magazine fed rifles are women.

On the surface of it, that doesn't seem to make any sense, conceptually.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
It's plausible that the males are simply weapons besides assault rifles, battle rifles, and submachine guns.

What was the German-ish female teacher in the first episode supposed to be? An STG44?

...technically speaking shouldn't the male teacher be Ichiyon's father? lol...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
It's plausible that the males are simply weapons besides assault rifles, battle rifles, and submachine guns.

What was the German-ish female teacher in the first episode supposed to be? An STG44?

...technically speaking shouldn't the male teacher be Ichiyon's father? lol...

She's Fujiko-sensei, an FG42.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
The fan theory seems to suggest that internal magazine rifles are men while external magazine fed rifles are women.

On the surface of it, that doesn't seem to make any sense, conceptually.

Think of where the magazines go, as per my prior post. I thought I was just being goofy, but the actual perverted logic of this show far outstrips anything I could make up.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Think of where the magazines go, as per my prior post. I thought I was just being goofy, but the actual perverted logic of this show far outstrips anything I could make up.

The mangaka even admits he has no idea he was going with some concepts, like the stocks determining panties. In one of the chapters, the submachine guns having wire foldout stocks or none at all was brought up and the characters said they can't have a bunch of elementary schoolers running around in thongs. I think he just wanted to make a unique concept and see where it went, leaving logic and heavy thought out of the equation.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
FG42...now that's a rare, weird gun.

Like I said, they lampshaded the fact that the correlation with panties made no sense whatsoever in the first episode.

Personally I think it would be funny if they retconned / revealed that Funco or some of the other characters just THINK they have to wear corresponding panties... since in real life the stock is an easily changeable part.

Or maybe just just likes them. lol.

BTW, they never seem to show girls bringing their 'true selves' out of hammerspace, or any other more realistic situation. It seems like they either have or don't have their namesake with them. Does the manga show whether it just magically appears or they actually store them somewhere (responsibly? lol).

I guess this is just my fan instinct to try to justify what I'm seeing with a reasonable explanation with a show that doesn't even make sense on a conceptual basis.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
I saw the resolution of the arc coming right as soon as the horn blew, but it was still satisfying to see. I was then blown away by spoiler[the fact that the episode was only half over], managing to surprise me even more than spoiler[Shigu's feelings for Funco](did anybody see that coming?).
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I just well hmm.. yeah it's umm damn yuri levels are over 9000

http://www.twitpic.com/9k9gck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
I saw the resolution of the arc coming right as soon as the horn blew, but it was still satisfying to see. I was then blown away by spoiler[the fact that the episode was only half over], managing to surprise me even more than spoiler[Shigu's feelings for Funco](did anybody see that coming?).

I didn't. But the resolution to the tournament was dopey. They established that spoiler[Eru could fire her weapon even though the muzzle was filled with mud by putting a plastic bag over it ... so why didn't she do that and shoot the flag herself instead of lugging it all the way over to where Ichiroku was? ] Plus, it doesn't really make sense that Elf-ears wouldspoiler[ have not shot her up and knocked her out the game when she had the chance. The show has established she's a psycho-bitch so there seems to be no reason why she didn't do that just for the larfs.]

A show that posits guns anthropomorphized as girls isn't being logically consistent - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Polycell wrote:

I didn't. But the resolution to the tournament was dopey. They established that spoiler[Eru could fire her weapon even though the muzzle was filled with mud by putting a plastic bag over it ... so why didn't she do that and shoot the flag herself instead of lugging it all the way over to where Ichiroku was? ] Plus, it doesn't really make sense that Elf-ears wouldspoiler[ have not shot her up and knocked her out the game when she had the chance. The show has established she's a psycho-bitch so there seems to be no reason why she didn't do that just for the larfs.]

A show that posits guns anthropomorphized as girls isn't being logically consistent - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???

Also don't forget some of the older female guns want to jam their barrel into some of the younger girls reload slot and fire their trigger as hard as she can.... OH god the fan-fic writing for this to damn easy. I apologize if this to lewd for normal ann posters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm not watching this show but I've seen some screenshots of it. I'll never look at my Nerf gun the same way from now on...

Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

Also don't forget some of the older female guns want to jam their barrel into some of the younger girls reload slot and fire their trigger as hard as she can....

I'd reload their slots and pull the trigger if you catch my drift...
Zork

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Polycell wrote:

It was Ichiroku that spoiler[had the plastic bag over the muzzle of her weapon, not Eru. Ichiroku decided to fire her weapon only after seeing that Eru dragged pycho-bitch's flag to Ichiroku's location. Eru's weapon was still clogged with mud.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8