• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peechan123

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:31 am Reply with quote
ello!
I've seen that anime..
its really nice and funny..
lolx Very Happy [/b]
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Hrrm, looks like FUNI's "simulcast" is going to be on a week delay. I went on expecting episode 10 since the article said they'd be streaming the latest episode, but instead it's episode 9 again... I guess I should have expected that since that's how nearly all free streams do it now, but it's still disappointing.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Latest episode proved to me that this is a gag show. "Want story? Re-watch episodes one and two as it's all you'll get suckers!", I believe that's what producers think right now. When more than 50% of the series is filler(and I hear last 8 episodes are, yep everything other than first two) I start calling it "anime original"...

That might make me laugh on the outside but I cry on the inside. Baka and Test simply doesn't realize it's full potential which is quite sad.

I am not sure about the rest of you but I find incest obsessed onee-san to be rather disturbing than funny and all the same character quirks are starting to get old. This does not happen to other comedies because they either change jokes or progress story and change setting which keeps everything fresh. But with no story progress (and horrible attempt at drama in episode 10) everything eventually gets old.

I hope the ending in the last three episodes proves to be at least somewhat interesting.
Niomo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Hentai_JP wrote:

I hope the ending in the last three episodes proves to be at least somewhat interesting.

Seeing as they are going to be about an ESB (or multiple ones), the last three should be as good as the first three. Funny how it works out like that.

Personally, I enjoyed all of the jokes and gags for most of the episodes. The more recent ones have been hilarious.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling that the part with his sister wakeing him up was kind of like a parody of Kiss X Sis, sadly I think I have been dirtied that I did not find it as disturbing as I should have. And why am I not freaking out over there being a guy dressing in a sexy nurse outfit so often.

Though I have to say the questionable sexuality are some of my favoured gags, I got a good laugh seeing 'the photos' or last week's email from Yoshii to Yuji. Maybe we are getting more story with apparently another battle planned.
Hideyoshilover1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quote
Best show the season Anime smile
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

That was probably the most fun I've had. (and pretty much every episode has been fun)

-The MGS reference, the FFF suicide bombings and the part with the teacher seducing students were just the highlights. Just about everything was either making me laugh or putting me on the edge of my seat. It's really been a while where I just had fun enjoying an anime.

-Also, this really looked like a video game at more than a few parts.

-"Can I call you Akihisa-kun?"
That was really cute. Cliche, but sometimes cliche is good.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:01 am Reply with quote
Looks like the story they cut out from episodes 1-2 is happening right now! They've already used ending though so I wonder how they'll finish the series. "Anime original" material is even more obvious now, since first few and last few episodes packed with story make a very sharp contrast. Filler is not worthless however, it may not progress story but works as comedy. Looking forward to more.
Mister V

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:01 am Reply with quote
Wahahah. I knew they were going to insert the box reference eventually. Laughing
The MGS (and other) references have me wondering - who is the target audience? MGS is much, much more popular outside of Japan, thus all parodies usually involve MMOs or JRPGs. I'm glad to see them do something (at least marginally) new, but still, I'm puzzled.

Anyways, this episode was really fun, because of its return to near-videogame format. Not to mention that we get to see some of the characters in their transformed costumes, heh.
I tend to agree with the review posted on here (even though it's only for eps 1-4), that the male cast is surprisingly good. Sakamoto Yuuji especially.
So it looks like we'll have the last battle next time, and... what then? Is there going to be a second season? No rumours?
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quote
Spoiler tags people. Spoiler tags.

Episode 11 was great which makes me really sad this series is only 13 episodes long last time I checked the ANN info. spoiler[MSG reference was hilarious and sad cause the fansubbers seemed to have missed that joke. Instead of "A snake." it should have been "Snake!"] But the battle was great stuff. Nothing all that deep but enough to make you think "Oh... that's good." And Aki was actually useful this time around! spoiler[And that was a great way they got the letter back from that one guy.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:05 am Reply with quote
Hentai_JP wrote:
Latest episode proved to me that this is a gag show ...

I am not sure about the rest of you but I find incest obsessed onee-san to be rather disturbing than funny...

It took you that long to figure out this is a gag show??? I didn't find Onee E-Cup Sama disturbing in the least, unless by "disturbing" you mean "supah smoking hot." Short hair and big boobs works for me. The other thing is that I don't really see her as a true brocon because I think she just does that stuff to tease Yoshii as opposed to sincerely wanting to jump his bones. Not that I would care even if she did. Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
It was good to see some of the story that someone said they left out, and Yuji's relationship with Yoshii is fun. And I do think the game like style makes it quite enjoyable.

Yoshii proved some use (beyond being tortured), and Yuji showed he is not just an idiot.

Too bad this is ending soon. I always enjoy shows like this, last season was Seitokai no Ichizon, that being gag series with, well something.
Niomo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
It was good to see some of the story that someone said they left out, and Yuji's relationship with Yoshii is fun. And I do think the game like style makes it quite enjoyable.

Yoshii proved some use (beyond being tortured), and Yuji showed he is not just an idiot.

Too bad this is ending soon. I always enjoy shows like this, last season was Seitokai no Ichizon, that being gag series with, well something.

I agree. After next week I will miss Baka a lot. This episode was probably my favorite. I was laughing the whole time Smile

Especially when spoiler[Voyeur and Ironman came through the window. Outstanding! ]
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:31 pm Reply with quote
It's finally over! (*sign* of relief). I wish it was actually adapted instead of spin-offed from light novels. Haruhi, Spice and Wolf, Bakemonogatari, (heck even Index) are direct adaptations of light novels that follow original and therefore are great. Baka to Test doesn't, it's like School Rumble with no story. But enough bitching - it was a fun ride, I am giving it "Very Good (with a minus)". Looking forward to sequel. (Now, time to marathon Kimi ni Todoke, which I intentionally put off back then.)
Niomo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
BAKA!

Man, this was one hilarious ride. Like I said in the Season Recap thread, the gags repeated way too much...but for some reason, they always added some small variation to keep the joke alive.

I'm really interested to see where the show goes from here next season. I mean, are they just going to do another 12-20 episodes of gags and ESBs against the same classes again? I dunno how exciting/boring that could be.

Maybe they'll add the system to another school, and allow for School v School battles. That could prove interesting and funny at the same time.

Either way, I enjoyed season one and I'm really looking forward to season 2.

Study Hard, Baka to Test to Shokanjuu
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6