• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ANN to Resume Streaming Oreimo, Togainu no Chi

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:58 am Reply with quote
Very cool! I was worried the whole leak fiasco might have permanently put the kibosh on ANN's simulcast plants. Very happy to see that is not the case. I haven't been impressed with the Oreimo fansub translation so I look forward to seeing a legit and better version here.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:10 am Reply with quote
I think it's a terrible kind of show, but good for you for getting it back, ANN. And good for the licensors, too.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:22 am Reply with quote
It's good to see this show came back to ANN. I wouldn't mind giving ANN more of my cash to watch Oreimo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:22 am Reply with quote
Since Splitter has voluntarily decided to get his money back, I will make up for this loss.

However, I don't know where to go to sign up for the service. I remember someone pointing to the page, but I can't even remember what thread it's in!

I'm interested in the coupons. Wink

Also, why would this info be so hard to find? Can you update the news article with the link so others may wish to sign up?

I'm glad Oreimo has returned. Looking forward to viewing the rest of this wonderfully cute (so far) series.

[adds reminder to calendar]
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:55 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:
The only possible worse blunder would be getting involved in a land war in asia.
I guess it's a good thing ANN was started by a Canadian then, eh? Laughing

I agree with you that four weeks is a month rather than "a long time", but boy are you lucky the forum is not a general knowledge quiz show ... first not having the Fall / Winter / Spring / Summer quarterly season thing down, and then not knowing that Canadian forces are engaged in a land war in asia.

Now that election season is over, I'm happy I can check out whether I want to buy into Togainu or not ... I'm torn between the premise and the genre of the manga, so try it before you buy into it was my plan from the outset.

And, and good news about getting that other one back too, I guess.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:23 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I'd been holding off on watching more episodes of these and I'm so glad that my patience paid off!
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quote
lunaitc wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:
Gasero wrote:
I'm surprised ANN got the Japanese execs to calm down so soon.

Soon? ANN lost four weeks of simulcasts. Most of its former subscribers probably turned to bt to watch their shows.

Four episodes is a THIRD of the season. Seriously, this took forever....

Let's play the Comparison Game boys and girls. OreImo and Togainu no Chi were down for five weeks by the time they're restored

One Piece came down on Funimation May 30 and was restored August 29.

Yeah, ANN and Aniplex got this shit done fast.

Okay, now lets look it it from another perspective. One Piece is perpetually ongoing. Oreimo only has 12 episodes. Which do you think has more time to get back up-and-running from streaming content before it ends and loses all simulcast potential?
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
Okay, now lets look it it from another perspective.

Let's not. Your perspective only seeks to find negativity no matter what ANN/Aniplex have done to correct the situation.

While many of us agree the decision to take it down was ridiculous, it was still the result of old ways of doing things in Japan and North America where contracts are legally binding and can result in punitive damages upon a breech.

It is you, Splitter, who refuses to accept any form of correction only to spew your tirade at this episode leak EVERYONE was affected by, not just the companies involved.

Personally, I'm tired of listening to your excuses to find fault. Do you have anything positive to say in the matter?

If not, be quiet and let the rest of us enjoy this good news. Please and thank you.
sepherest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:52 am Reply with quote
It's nice that Oreimo's back on, but I'll have to pass on watching any more of Togainu No Chi. It's pretty terrible compared to it's original source. Laughing
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:
The only possible worse blunder would be getting involved in a land war in asia.

I agree with you that four weeks is a month rather than "a long time", but boy are you lucky the forum is not a general knowledge quiz show ... first not having the Fall / Winter / Spring / Summer quarterly season thing down, and then not knowing that Canadian forces are engaged in a land war in asia.

I am well aware that there is a Canadian contingent in Afghanistan, thank you. Razz The joke could have been better-constructed, but I thought the fact that Kyaa's quote was a reference to Vietnam (to which Canada didn't commit forces) would have made things clear enough.

Last edited by Big Hed on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:35 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Are you still going to have the option of paying for HD streams, or are you guys just going to be doing standard def?

Also, is that OreImo skin going to come back? I certainly wouldn't mind if you decided to use it again.

Yes and Yes!
Matriel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:25 am Reply with quote
I love you guys. I just love you! Very happy that the incident was taken care of and streaming can continue for these shows. Very Happy
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:13 am Reply with quote
I am quite happy about this news. I already paid what amounted to the price of a movie ticket to get to watch both of these series commercial-free and in HD - quite a deal in my opinion. Anime needs all the legal outlets it can get, and I will happily support this one.
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
agila61 wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

I am well aware that there is a Canadian contingent in Afghanistan, thank you. Razz The joke could have been better-constructed, but I thought the fact that Kyaa's quote was a reference to Vietnam (to which Canada didn't commit forces) would have made things clear enough.

Canada's role in the Vietnam conflict was more of a purveyor and merchant of nasty sticky goop that burnt good when dropped out of airplanes.... oh, and Agent Orange...

But yes, the quote comes from Montgomery, a brilliant British general and strategist. Very Happy

But back on topic, the problem that is being ignored by those who don't see the five week gap between fansubs and streaming as being a problem is that the community is now split. The goal of streaming, in my opinion, is to help the industry fight against the temptation for people to downloading anime for free just to stay in the community. Aniplex and ANN removing their stream broke this... the genie is out of the bottle and many watchers were lost to the dark side just to stay in the community and avoid being spoiled.

Of course, denying the problem is status quo....
Gentry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quote
THANK YOU!

I told you this would happen. People said I was kidding myself but I was right. All back to normal, now everyone can shut up about it and stop stoking the fire.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7