• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crimson Star Acquires Looking Up at the Half-Moon Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

hmm 18.00 dollars us.. I might get this if i can come into some money "some how"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for letting us know. Went ahead and pre-ordered it.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
ChibiGoku wrote:
Just for the record, you guys might want to read this thread for more details about this company. Apparently the owner of the company was involved in a scam a couple years back that tried to raise funds to "license an anime".

Yeah I've looked at these accusations. They seem to amount to little more than "this person is a scammer because I say so". That nasty rumormongering needs to stop.

I don't believe it was a scam as such - I believe he truly was trying to license and release the title. His personal past aside, my main concerns then was that despite all evidence to the contrary he was insisting he was someone else and that Maddox had nothing to do with the 'company'. I think where things really fell apart, other than the negative publicity, was that he was essentially trying to license something via crowdfunding, which licensors tend to frown upon (it's one thing when you actually have the license already, but something else entirely when you're still in negotiations).

This time around he is being upfront about his identity and appears to have his business on a much sounder footing: Crimson Star Media LLC does actually exist (which is a good start), they're not relying on public donations, they have an actual license and materials in hand* and have managed to arrange distribution channels.

* going by the reasonable assumption that docsane is who he says he is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5