• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!! to Run on U.S. Adult Swim Network in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:37 am Reply with quote
wow, THIS is unexpected, but happy news!!!
it sucks i haven't been able to get any durarara! dvds yet so thank you AS for making me feel better Very Happy
Danette-Anime-Otaku

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote
I haven't watched adult swim for like two years now. I've missed out on episodes of Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Brotherhood because of that, but, meh, I got sick of adult swim in general. Since the article mentions that it will stream the episodes online after it airs, I should pick up on going on the website to watch episodes.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:15 am Reply with quote
spoony wrote:

peachsncreamsoda wrote:
Still though i'm actually really happy about this. I would have been happier, had I known this alot sooner obviously but meh, I might still watch it on AS just to... say.. I did Confused .

Just turn it on to up the ratings, even if you don't watch it. I've done that before. Anime hyper

That's not how the Neilsen Ratings work. Laughing

monkeyshinobi wrote:

For the past few years AS has only been showing reruns of anime they've shown like 90591810583 times already (ex. Inuyasha, i love it...but it has got to stop...they need to show something new for gosh sakes...i mean if they had bunch of newer series playing instead of reruns ratings would be higher...

AS airs new series like FMA:B, Kekkaishi, Bleach, etc. They only really have 2 timeslots to air new eps. Regardless, even new anime nowadays rarely ever get more than 500k viewers, while usually 400k or lower.

spoony wrote:

and if the anime lineup didn't start so late...Years ago the anime lineup began after toonami, which was at 10 or 11. Now it's freaking 12 =__=

AS experimented with airing new anime starting at 11pm timeslots before. The ratings didn't increase that much, and it was lower than the AS comedy shows that were replaced. So that ended that experiment.

Ya guys just gotta face it: anime is not a ratings mover that ya think it is. Especially with how many of yaz profess not watching US TV anymore.

spoony wrote:

And only the first 1.5 hour is new stuff) i wouldn't mind reruns if it wasn't the same anime reruns everytime...like AS should show Eureka Seven, or Trinity Blood, or Blood Plus, or Cased Closed, etc. again.

Probably lost the broadcast rights already. AS doesn't usually renew broadcast rights, except for a few favorites.
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:28 am Reply with quote
Half a million people at god-awful late at night/early in the morning is pretty darn good still.

My dream lineup would have to include Sailor Moon though.

I guess it would have to be a really long block though even if it only included shows previously shown on CN/AS since they've shown some awesome programs.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:52 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
Half a million people at god-awful late at night/early in the morning is pretty darn good still.

Yes, yes it is. That's why anime are competitive at those timeslots. Smile

Nayu wrote:

On Adult Swim? Are ya crazy?! Gives added ammunition to that Barenaked Ladies song line "... cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Laughing
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:07 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Nayu wrote:

Yes, yes it is. That's why anime are competitive at those timeslots. Smile

Nayu wrote:

On Adult Swim? Are ya crazy?! Gives added ammunition to that Barenaked Ladies song line "... cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Laughing

I'd love a cute girls who kick ass block on AS:

A redub of Sailor Moon
A redub of Card Captor Sakura
Magic User's Club (which has an AWESOME dub and fantastic outtakes)
A Certain Magical Index
A Certain Scientific Railgun
and for grins Koihime Musou

Cycle in Tenchi (the girls in that show rock more than Tenchi does), Outlaw Star (hello harem of hotties), Bamboo Blade (girls in hakama rock my world), Noir, Madlax and El Cazador De La Bruja since its gonna take a while to get through BSSM. Very Happy

Man, my dreams are awesome.
RisikaFox

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:11 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, I've been wanting to see this. I guess this is a good opportunity to start. ^^
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:42 am Reply with quote
The word's not exuberant. It's exorbitant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ironwokmonster

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:14 am Reply with quote
we we we, we so excited Very Happy
redranger

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:15 am Reply with quote
I can see a lot of people getting put to sleep, watching durarara.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Nayu wrote:

They should totally air a Sailor Moon marathon as one of their annual april fools jokes. Of course, a US company has to actually license it first, which isn't an easy task.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
Put to sleep by Durarara? By what? A headless woman riding around on a motorcycle? A freak of nature with ridiculous strength? A scheming, villainous jerk? A mad scientist? Rival gangs? Possessed swords?

I wonder at what point I was supposed to fall asleep?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sora7395

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
*Fangirl squeal* OMG!! I was hoping they'd air DRRR!! after Kekkaishi was done but I didn't think they'd actuall do it!! This just made my day! Durarara!! is my fav anime ever! Very Happy

I can't wait to hear Johnny as Izaya!
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:08 am Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
well this is a shocker, I honestly thought adult swim stopped playing anime after FMA brotherhood finished, although honestly I stopped watching AS before brotherhood. the only shocker that'll be as surprising as this is when they boot it to the graveyard hour slot

I was confused by your statement until I noticed you stated you stopped watching AS before FMA: Brotherhood.

That explains why you don't know this: AS has not finished airing FMA: Brotherhood. You seem to have made the mistake of assuming they aired it straight through from beginning to end with no repeats. According to the schedule, episode 47 was slated to air this weekend. (I watch at their website, where the latest episode available at the moment is 45).
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
Yeah, 47 was last night/this morning, and assuming they don't preempt it or go to reruns, it'll finish at the end of September/beginning of October.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9