• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Witch Craft Works (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:30 am Reply with quote
Woah did this show just reference Naruto? Can't say i expected that at the very least Shocked.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I absolutely adore those five inept Tower Witches. I hope they become buds with the two leads.

That's the part that works for me. After getting pounded to a pulp twice in a row they pick themselves up and grouse about it a bit and then go karaoke. And they are always so gullible for the next ill-considered evil scheme that comes up.

Usually that kind of role is played by some oversized really dumb male character. The exception is that they remind me of Marlier from Goddess a bit.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Now isn't Takamiya's mom an interesting one. She wants spoiler[her kid to marry her friend's child because they were that close but couldn't marry since they are both women.]

The episode felt so fast...well, the battle part anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh so that is the white stuff and why he is called princess. I like how the enemies are so chill.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

So that is why he has a girl name, spoiler[their mothers were pretty much in a schoolgirl lesbian relationship and his mum put all her feelings] into him, they are spoiler[engaged]. The sister sure is stuck on her brother, especially based on what the mother was saying. I liked how the mother picked up on Kagari's explosive jealousy/anger at the sister. The gender roles sure were reversed again.

The Medusa thing reminds me even more of Kid Icarus now, as it felt like Medusa here is quite reminiscent of Uprising's Medusa, (who has a monster version that can be close). And spoiler[the white princess also] makes me think of Palutena, with the whole light thing, a bit of royalty style, both seem to be bit of trolls, and I am assuming spoiler[that the princess may have been the one to curse Medusa] just Palutena spoiler[cursed her Medusa]. I am interested why they seemed to be so friendly at the end, those witches are worth some laughs.

Oh, and good guys spoiler[striked first and hard again, attacking the Rie character], who I guess was somewhat responsible for providing spoiler[the medicine]. Funny to see how she was proud about getting ahead by spoiler[brainwashing the tower witches into followers, only to then get annihilated].

Accuse the lead all you want for being something like a weak male, but his emotions really do seem to go into the female side, I really feel him exempt from the normal expectations. Also noticed that the ED has been filling in more characters as they are introduced, earlier one bit only had Honoka and Kagari, but now has I think the waitress, the sister and spoiler[the princess].
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
Interesting new info this time.
Takamiya got himself an unexpected spoiler[fiance] ROFL
spoiler[Kagari vs Medusa!]
Now that was a fight I was looking forward to.
Shame it was such a spoiler[letdown.
Didn't even get to see anything...]

The fairy tale moment was pretty sweet though.
Good episode, but could've been so much better.
Guess they aren't making an emphasis on fights.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote
As of Ep 5 this anime has quite grown on me. It doesn't make a lot of sense but it is entertaining. The puzzler of this week is why Medusa had to be kept in such drastic confinement arrangements if spoiler[it was that easy for Ayaka to defang her and bring her totally to heel.]

I have criticized the artwork before but this time I was pretty impressed with that elevator ascent and the ensuing battle. You have to wonder how many maids and other servants died in that tower's destruction. Sucks to be them.

Does anyone besides me think the ending credits make the goofball witches look like South Park characters?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:28 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Love triangle? ROFL
Kasumi totally overreacted.
That girl snaps so easily...
Takamiya, Kagari & Kasumi under the same roof = flammable
There aren't just problems at home.
School mates are starting to rebel as well.
Damn, it's like everyone is trying to break them up.
Everyone is throwing out info.
The only problem is who should he really trust.
Fun episode ^^]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't call Takamiya's little sister just as spoiler[mysterious] but rather more like scary and almost obsessive. The latest episode felt like a waste and only seemed to trigger Kagari's affections towards him in her way of the 'spoiler[onee-chan]'.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
As of Ep 5 this anime has quite grown on me. It doesn't make a lot of sense but it is entertaining.

I can say the same thing. This is definitely one of the anime I look forward to watch every week.

Imouto power is strong.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Kagari is hilarious. Her plans to prevent the student council from interfering with her is to spoiler[abuse her power in firing the student president, and then make Honoka the new president, followed by bribery to get her the vice-president role]. The prearranged speech she wrote for spoiler[Honoka and I think the girl who was working at the café, was also quite cruel]. Oh, and she broke spoiler[into his room while he was asleep], which apparently his spoiler[sister planned on doing also].

His sister actually managed to catch Kagari spoiler[by surprise, can't remember Kagari sound that worried]. Her extreme nature in wanting spoiler[to elope] was exposed, but she underestimated how scary an angry Kagari is. They went onto a spoiler[rampage on the city], and pretty much left the spoiler[blame fo]r the Tower witches who really have not done that much damage compared to Kagari, although I wonder if the mother spoiler[figured it out] based on the call.

Wait! *looks through episode* What were Medusa and her goons spoiler[doing at his place]? They mentioned someone making noise on the second floor, and that must have been spoiler[the sister in her room]. Also noticed that the toy store had toys of Medusa's witches, this is one of the few shows I have to repeat scenes a few times because I feel that I can't get the whole scene in one go.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:
As of Ep 5 this anime has quite grown on me. It doesn't make a lot of sense but it is entertaining.

I can say the same thing. This is definitely one of the anime I look forward to watch every week.

I'll agree with this. Its not some masterpiece, but its managed to keep me entertained week after week. I thought it might falter after the first episode or two, but it manages to keep me coming back for more.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Also noticed that the toy store had toys of Medusa's witches, this is one of the few shows I have to repeat scenes a few times because I feel that I can't get the whole scene in one go.

I love it when a show that's not an otaku reference comedy does things like that and it's even better when it's it's own material.

Pretty fun episode. Actually, I think teddy bears are the best thing that ever happened to this show.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Some interesting things going on with Episode 6 although I would have like seeing the five stooges more.

I am not sure "The Princess"'s solution to the ostracizing and persecution of Takamiya is going to work. Of course he might just man up and make it work. At least his opening speech wasn't half bad. Better than her script anyway.

The "Absurdly Powerful Student Council" trope seems to have taken a hit but I'm not sure what replaced it was better.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I found an interesting article on this show. According to the article this was suppose to be a yuri manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9