• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime to Return This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:17 pm Reply with quote
pandoraking wrote:
im actually surprised seeing so many negative comments about this series.. but i dont think any gundam managed to appeal everyone yet. the drama on this one is quite strong and theres many characters. due to that theres not so many fights, like in some previous ones where almost every ep they battled, so it can be seen as boring by some, specially if u dont like the characters. i had a blast watching this, so i hope 2nd season stays as strong and washes away all the internet thoughts on gundam's 2nd seasons Very Happy

Gundam has an extremely vocal hate base on site alike 4chan that love to come out of the woodwork to just crap on any news about it so I'm just used to the default reaction to anything gundam being over the top negative at this point. The very thought that anything remotely positive could ever be expressed about anything related to the current state of the franchise never even crosses these people's minds.
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
pandoraking wrote:
im actually surprised seeing so many negative comments about this series.. but i dont think any gundam managed to appeal everyone yet. the drama on this one is quite strong and theres many characters. due to that theres not so many fights, like in some previous ones where almost every ep they battled, so it can be seen as boring by some, specially if u dont like the characters. i had a blast watching this, so i hope 2nd season stays as strong and washes away all the internet thoughts on gundam's 2nd seasons Very Happy

Gundam has an extremely vocal hate base on site alike 4chan that love to come out of the woodwork to just crap on any news about it so I'm just used to the default reaction to anything gundam being over the top negative at this point. The very thought that anything remotely positive could ever be expressed about anything related to the current state of the franchise never even crosses these people's minds.
With people like that I'm shocked the franchise is still around and not dead yet, Sunrise after today got my respect it must be hard dealing with people like that.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:04 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
With people like that I'm shocked the franchise is still around and not dead yet

Actually that is a simple: Aim for children. The more kids you get hooked the better the longevity of a franchise and the more likely money will be made from merchandise. Poor G-Reco had to deal with late night airings and self competing with Try.
Eivion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:40 am Reply with quote
I'm pleased to see this is getting another season. Its been the most I've enjoyed one of the main series in a long while.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:55 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
AkaRed wrote:
I'm happy that this show get a second season. Even though the show was slow at some point it was a good Gundam serie.

Beside I still don't give up on a Crossbone Gundam series Razz
hey man if thunderbolt can get an anime whats stopping Crossbone Wink

Nothing but we will need at least a retelling of F91 Gundam in serie format pretty sure this can be done in 13 episode then two or three Crossbone Gundam season in 25/26 episode. without forget to link this serie with Crossbone Gundam Ghost who happen to be finish this month. I see this series more as a OVA

My only concern after that will be a clear link between the event of Unicorn Gundam to F91 Gundam. Why not make OVA about Hathaway's Flash it will be nice IMO. Then all it rest to do is set the event for Gundam F90 and the whole is played.

Like that from MSG to Victory Gundam we can see all the event within the UC Timeline.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5