• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Release Love Hina, Jyo Oh Sei, Darker than Black, XXXHolic, more Tsubasa, more N

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son Biggie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote
well I don't need to feel bad since I bought the Love Hina DVDS when Bandai frist release them and that was such a long time ago too..
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Negima!? finally got licensed. I saw the first 5-6 episodes and liked what I saw, so I'll be getting this.

Whether or not I get Darker Than Black depends heavily on what else is coming out at the time. It's a low priority title.

I'm sad that we don't have any info on more Kodocha. Crying or Very sad
icepick314

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I'm glad Negima!? finally got licensed. I saw the first 5-6 episodes and liked what I saw, so I'll be getting this.

Whether or not I get Darker Than Black depends heavily on what else is coming out at the time. It's a low priority title.

I'm sad that we don't have any info on more Kodocha. Crying or Very sad

i'm pretty sure that Funimation dropped the license due to low sales...

too bad...i enjoyed the dubbing and will be missing the series...

maybe Rightstuf will release it on sub only DVD collection in several years....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
darcerin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:55 am Reply with quote
Wait, they possibly dropped Kodocha? I thought was a wildly popular series?!
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Love Hina -- if it gets retranslated from scratch and the new subtitles are brought up to FUNimation's normal standards, I'll "double dip" and happily get rid of my Bandai DVD's.

Looks like I might find the Bandai DVDs of Love Hina on sale next time I'm at Suncoast or Best Buy. (Why the hell did Bandai not bother to translate the opening and ending credits?)

As for Meine Liebe not being licensed, I must ask this: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO'S EVEN HEARD OF THIS SHOW? **riots**
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:24 am Reply with quote
Yay for Darker than BLACK! Booo for no Ouran! I meant to go to the Funimation panel, but got stuck in line for registration, so we didn't get our day pass until almost 1.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Love Hina -- if it gets retranslated from scratch and the new subtitles are brought up to FUNimation's normal standards, I'll "double dip" and happily get rid of my Bandai DVD's.

Looks like I might find the Bandai DVDs of Love Hina on sale next time I'm at Suncoast or Best Buy. (Why the hell did Bandai not bother to translate the opening and ending credits?)
Funny, I never noticed that those credits weren't translated...I mean, I know they appeared in Japanese in the OP/ED, but I had to check a disc to make sure they weren't added on the end.
Sakurachan1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:02 am Reply with quote
Yay for them picking up Darker Than Black! For me it certainly has been one of the stand out new Anime of this year, so I can't wait for the DVD's.

The Hina bit is a mystery to me - why be redundant when there are so many more newer shows to pick up. But their choice makes me curious to see what they are planning.

As far as Ouran goes there is still time left in the Con season, so maybe they wanted to make XXXholic public now and hold off on such an anticipated title. Or someone else is eyeing it.
sykosteve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:46 am Reply with quote
well, looks like I'll finally be able to get Love Hina pretty cheap. I've got no problems with the Bandai sets because I don't listen to dubs either way. So, unless there were some authoring issues or translation issues with the subs, I'll be picking up the Bandai dvds if I can find them anywhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Raynor_7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:07 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to here that another season of Negima! has been picked up. I am addicted to the mange and when I saw the first 6 DVD's of the anime, I actually thought that was how they were going to end it, by stopping not even halfway where the manga is now (in the US).
nwoo_2002

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:16 am Reply with quote
Jyu Oh Sei is a great little series, and although I own the region 2's i'm curious to see steve simmons translations.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:46 am Reply with quote
darcerin wrote:
Wait, they possibly dropped Kodocha? I thought was a wildly popular series?!

FUNimation hasn't dropped anything. Sales of Kodocha haven't been as good as FUNimation had hoped for. Last I heard, FUNi was looking into licensing the 3rd and 4th seasons but nothing has been decided yet. I don't know if they've been in talks with the Japanese or not.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:

As for Meine Liebe not being licensed, I must ask this: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO'S EVEN HEARD OF THIS SHOW? **riots**

No you are not. It's on my "Want to See" list. We'll just have to keep crossing our fingers!
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quote
Actually Meine Liebe, being a bishonen harem title doesn't exactly sound like a Funimation title to me. I also don't see AVD picking it up, nor Bandai.
We usually get bishie harems from Geneon or MediaBlasters (Fushigi Yugi, Weiss)
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
AstroNerdBoy wrote:

Funny, I never noticed that those credits weren't translated...I mean, I know they appeared in Japanese in the OP/ED, but I had to check a disc to make sure they weren't added on the end.

That's what I meant by "not translating the opening and ending credits". And it's not just Love Hina; s-CRY-ed and Witch Hunter Robin are the same way, too.

CCSYueh: Not a FUNimation title you say? Last time I checked, they had Fruits Basket, a male harem show riddled with bishounen. Then you've got about half the guys on Trinity Blood. So I wouldn't discount FUNi yet, although I'd really like Bandai, Media Blasters, or Geneon to get it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8