• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monster Musume (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nohbody

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:33 am Reply with quote
From ANN's Episode Review:
Quote:
That mix of horror and sexual tension is the engine that drives Monster Musume's most entertaining scenes.

For me, if Miia and the other girls were ordinary humans, the fan service would be boring. What makes this show funny is the gap between cute anime girl and deadly mythical monster.

Of course, even better than the fan service in this show, are the nods to the girls inner monsters (e.g. a "bird-brained" harpy).

For me, this series would not work nearly as well if the girls were all cat girls or dog girls -- even though Polt is one my favorite characters in the series. Smile
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
Thanks for the nightmares I'm going to have. I really want to wake up in the middle of the night screaming because my brain remembered that . . . thing, whatever it is.

Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

I thought Darling-kun almost died this episode. Lol, and anyways, that rivalry went to hell this week. I guess the moon was partially to blame..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

No joke, I think it was yesterday that I came to the conclusion that Cerea and centaurs would need large breasts biologically for their babies/fauls, and apparently that is what the end card states. Also mentioned the brute aspect in Greek mythology.

So it is standard harem comedy that the guy be somewhat terrified about the seductive situations he gets in. But I think his fear this episode was really warranted as the girls have their instincts heightened, which means a very dangerous in heat situation. Their monster aspect was more on display.

And it looks like he has put down his plan to respect the feelings of the girls by seeing which one he might feel compatible with. Well dating three girls at once would not normally be a good thing, but this is an odd situation. I hope we see him put down ground rules, just so they can know where boundaries are, a human cannot take too much strangulation, sharp talons and horse kicks. Something Papi could understand.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:25 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Huge breasts should really be assosiated with were-cows instead of centaurs.

spoiler[Yes, that's also covered in the manga, and hers are the biggest in this manga. In 12 Beast, minotaur girls are also enormous.]

By the way, I don't think anyone has to worry about the weight of the enormous breasts when Miia and Cerea both weigh several hundred pounds, Cerea probably more than a normal horse because she has a human torso.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

We get Suu's introduction this episode. That's the slime girl seen in the PV, OP song, etc. Too bad censoring ruined some of the scenes in the baths. But overall, fun episode.

I think she is also one of the few characters that so far got along well with Papi. Kinda strange though. She seems to be quite sticky with the MC as well....very sticky if you know what I mean.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Who can resist the loveable Suu?
Great episode, and now that more of the main cast has been added to the Kurusu household, let the silliness begin! Though I do feel a slight bout of sorrow for Kimihito, since a tag team of Papi and Suu is quite the dangerous thing. The series is moving along nicely and i'm looking forward to Mero's introduction next week.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what it would be like with a... slime girl. Aaaahhh eeeewwwww mmhmmm.

Interesting that it was Papi who first started interacting with Suu. I liked that, particularly how Papi wanted to protect Suu. They make a good duo.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I wonder what it would be like with a... slime girl. Aaaahhh eeeewwwww mmhmmm.

Weeeell...

HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Interesting that it was Papi who first started interacting with Suu. I liked that, particularly how Papi wanted to protect Suu. They make a good duo.

I think the unexpected comity between those two was an unexpected but welcome highlight. Maybe it will come later but I was sure she was going to be set up as yet another love rival.

Also I like how Kurusu seems to be maturing in his ability to cope with the weird things that show up in his life. For example he didn't just freak out at not only at Suu's appearance but he also took in stride her sudden and persistent nudity. He reacted to it more as a situation that needed remedy while still getting a line in about how he appreciated her form.

This anime comes up with odd virtues here and there.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:29 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Weeeell...

Oookeeyy.... Well at least you wouldn't have to worry about not knowing where to put it... or maybe you would actually.

HaruhiToy wrote:

I think the unexpected comity between those two was an unexpected but welcome highlight. Maybe it will come later but I was sure she was going to be set up as yet another love rival.

She definitely will become another love rival. That is apparent from the opening, but her feelings towards Kurusu might be toned down or different from the others. I guess we'll find out as the show progresses, but the way she is now I don't really see her understanding what "love" is.

I always liked that part of the opening where Papi drops Kurusu and Suu catches him. I like that part even more now.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Oookeeyy.... Well at least you wouldn't have to worry about not knowing where to put it... or maybe you would actually.

As long as Slime girls don't eat anything that stays too long inside it.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't worry about that since it seems like she can't absorb anything solid and it seems like she "eats" water. I do wonder though what happens to your... spooge. Does the slime absorb it? If so then that would be kind of weird. At least you'd want to be sure that the slime girl hasn't been with a dude before.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I wouldn't worry about that since it seems like she can't absorb anything solid and it seems like she "eats" water. I do wonder though what happens to your... spooge. Does the slime absorb it? If so then that would be kind of weird. At least you'd want to be sure that the slime girl hasn't been with a dude before.

Somehow I doubt the people behind this concept have carefully thought through these kinds of things. The sole purpose of this thing seems to be how many different fetishy girls can they cram into this guy's house and have a fantasy of him having sex with. What happens after that sex probably is irrelevant ;0
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:38 am Reply with quote
Actually it gets pretty detailed. Slimes can get by on water and "a little bit of protein," which is broken down and absorbed. If you leave it in too long, it will eventually get digested.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10