• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic! IV TV Anime Revealed for Fall 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renasviel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
So, 10/25/15 has an ANN article called "Full Metal Panic! Novels Inspire New Anime Adaptation" and nearly a year later we find out it will be airing next fall. Personally, I think that is too long of a wait time between the announcement and air date. I would opt more for a spring or summer debut.

Well, considering that fans waited 10 years for any news regarding more FMP anime...
xXInfinite026Xx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Renasviel wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
So, 10/25/15 has an ANN article called "Full Metal Panic! Novels Inspire New Anime Adaptation" and nearly a year later we find out it will be airing next fall. Personally, I think that is too long of a wait time between the announcement and air date. I would opt more for a spring or summer debut.

Well, considering that fans waited 10 years for any news regarding more FMP anime...

Exactly. What's one more year? Right? ...Right?

Crying or Very sad

Last edited by xXInfinite026Xx on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:19 pm Reply with quote
This is funny because just the other day I was going through MAL looking for some early 2000s shows to re-watch
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:28 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
MarthKoopa wrote:
Probably would only watch this if Funi could manage to dub it with Luci Christian

Luci Christian works for Funimation. it would not be hard. if anything Vic mignogna and Hilary Haag would be the tough ones to get as one moved to LA and the other is primarily a sentai filmworks VA

Agreed, it would be by far best if we got them back.

Yeah, I think Luci Christian will be easy since she works for Funi. I actually think Vic won't be too hard as long as they know in advance, for a while they couldn't after he moved but now they still seem to be able to get him for various shows again (I think someone mentioned it's because he now has his own recording equipment?) even simuldubs as he just finished continuing playing the lead antagonist in more Arslan for example.

But yeah, the others like Hilary Haag and Chris Patton might be even tougher.
oOJonnyOo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:14 am Reply with quote
Razz one ticket for the hype train Anime smile Anime smile Anime smile
AyanamiRei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:33 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

About that, what is it supposed to be? One more adaptation from scratch? (in this case, did the previous one something wrong?) An adaptation of the new manga adaptation (by Fujisaki)? Or are there some novels that were never animated and they will be used for the new animation?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:55 am Reply with quote
AyanamiRei wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

About that, what is it supposed to be? One more adaptation from scratch? (in this case, did the previous one something wrong?) An adaptation of the new manga adaptation (by Fujisaki)? Or are there some novels that were never animated and they will be used for the new animation?

I don't know, I don't think the ANN article on it was too specific. All anyone knows about it so far is in here:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-13/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-gets-new-anime-project-by-production-i.g-in-2017/.91627

For now I'm assuming they're cashing in the popularity of Space Battleship Yamato re imaging and plan to revive another old classic for a new generation.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
For now I'm assuming they're cashing in the popularity of Space Battleship Yamato re imaging and plan to revive another old classic for a new generation.
You must be a Millennial to think FMP is an "old classic".
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
You must be a Millennial to think FMP is an "old classic".

Nope born in '82. That is in response to a question about Legend of the Galactic Heroes (2017) though. Responding without following the quotes seems like something a millenial would do though. Razz
AyanamiRei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:52 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
That is in response to a question about Legend of the Galactic Heroes (2017) though.

Thank you. Someone has wrote on Wikipedia that the producer and the author's secretary stated: "the new anime is not a remake of the earlier anime, but another anime adaptation of the original novels with a new staff".

When I compare the number of OAVs released to the number of novels making th emain story, I wonder how this was possible to make the anime so long. Anime hyper

All my excuses for the derivation.
myfairx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh my God..

Just a few days ago I had a rather lengthy debate with anime newbies (he kinda young but diligently catching up) on why I dismissed a lot of Kyoani works lately, just because the lack of FMP interest or development. Now they're not helming the animation productions anymore. I'm thankful to that I don't really care which studio will pick up the new FMP as long as they're picked up and the author and original team will surely have their say. Furthermore Gonzo is not perfect in handling 2nd part of 1st FMP, neither did Kyoani as a whole. I never eally appreciate FMP as a mecha centric anime, but I'm assured that mecha action sequence will be in good hands with xebec

I will keep my expectations low and just wish for the best. Maybe I'll rewatch again to refresh my memory. I don't read light novel. I don't want to spoil anything after waiting all these years. Funoffu is my favorite part of the franchise because I'm a slice buff and it's easy to recommend to newbs. But as a whole, I'm thankful, FMP deserves it. Now where are those Ryo Ohki real development? And the FLCL, Toaru, moonlight mile...

Demm I'm rambling... I miss Mao
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6