• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Shippuuden (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikari1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Okay, the plot twist at the end of 110 is pointless and makes no sense.

spoiler[
Not really, Kabuto only took Rinji's life later on in the arc; cant remember which episode but he did do it later on.

The point was to be able to monitor the crystal style user closely and get rid of a rival to lord Orochimaru's attentions. At least that is how I viewed it. ]
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone else find episode 115 to be an incredible waste of a good idea? Here we have Sasuke returning to the setting of the earliest part of the series, when he was a noble soul- if angsty and arrogant- before his life got complicated and he took a walk on the dark side. It was an excellent opportunity to examine how much he- and, for that matter, his former teammates- have changed since then, and what important things have stayed the same. And we get nothing. A badass weapon that just happens to have belonged to a former enemy, and a story that could just as well involved some random new characters. Decent episode and Sasuke's new companion is amusing, but it's just a brief aside. It could have been so much more.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't agree, since no one from Team 7 is present, it'd be kinda random for Sasuke to suddenly start remembering/caring about the past. He's pretty much put that behind him, if you want some Team 7 memories, you have to wait for Naruto and co. to do that. Also, the manga just had Zabuza's sword at the grave and Suigetsu takes it, the whole "hunting for the sword" was filler.

Sasuke's new teammates don't really make you care about them much when they're first introduced. I only started warming up to them much later on, so don't be surprised if you're not exactly thrilled with them right now.
Smoke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Did anyone else find episode 115 to be an incredible waste of a good idea? Here we have Sasuke returning to the setting of the earliest part of the series, when he was a noble soul- if angsty and arrogant- before his life got complicated and he took a walk on the dark side. It was an excellent opportunity to examine how much he- and, for that matter, his former teammates- have changed since then, and what important things have stayed the same. And we get nothing. A badass weapon that just happens to have belonged to a former enemy, and a story that could just as well involved some random new characters. Decent episode and Sasuke's new companion is amusing, but it's just a brief aside. It could have been so much more.

I agree, they could have added a background excerpt for the new team mates especially since were going to see them for awhile.

Is it me or does Suigetsu look akward when weilding zabuza's former sword? It is large compared to his small frame thus making his attack seem slower (compared to Sasuke's sword play). I know the whole small frame large sword is common like...Cloud in Final Fantasy but it just seems weird since Naruto is all about quick ninjas and he looks sluggish when wielding it (In the anime anyway)
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone else find Karin rubbing her legs together in episode 116 incredibly dirty? It looks like she's trying to jill off discreetly. Wouldn't put it past her, either- she's clearly getting severely hot and bothered around Sasuke.

Also, new ED. Swimsuits and shameless merchandising. Tsunade rocks knows how to rock one, I might add...
braves

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm up to around ep. 94. It's really hard to watch these episodes because the whole frog training is really stupid. Shame they had to put up another filler arc after the Hidan and Kakuzu arc, which was adapted really well.

Not liking the comments that I've read for the Sasuke arc either....

BellosTheMighty wrote:
Tsunade rocks knows how to rock one, I might add...

Ha! Laughing

Kinda surprised that they put in that Naruto drink in there. Are we to think that they're running short on cash or something?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
I'm up to around ep. 94. It's really hard to watch these episodes because the whole frog training is really stupid. Shame they had to put up another filler arc after the Hidan and Kakuzu arc, which was adapted really well.

That's been mentioned before. I thought it was a really good story, myself, but a lot of people wonder why they added more filler when they were already a year behind the manga. Personally, I think they wanted to shine the spotline on Orochimaru's mechanations, seeing as spoiler[he dies at the start of the next canon arc.]
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I hate how off the character designs look sometimes with the latest episodes with team Hebi, especially with Suigetsu, but I've been avoiding watching the whole anime until Suigetsu makes an appearance so... OMFG IT'S SUIGESTSU!!! *fangirls and begins to watch the episodes weekly now* I can watch the anime now!

I think I might not even mind filler episodes (which is the main reason I've been avoiding the anime) that much as long as it involves Sui or Juugo or team Hebi in general... but then again I'm a shameless Team Hebi fangirl. Bring on Karin and Suigetsu bickering like the worst brother/sister duo ever.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote
This just HAD to be posted somewhere, because Viz broke the news last Saturday (7/25) and there is still no mention of it on ANN:

http://viz.com/news/newsroom/?id=343

To sum it up: Dubbed Naruto Shippuuden 1-4 on iTunes now, with Episode 1 free!
braves

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the dub sounds really good. Just like the first series. They even kept the omakes. Anime smile

I need to hear more of Deiadara's voice before I can judge, though. I only got to hear one sentence off of that preview.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Dubbed sounds great just as expected. Unfortunately itunes won't be uploading the next ones until october which makes no sense I think because by then they'll be on par with the dvds rendering itunes useless.
Smoke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:09 pm Reply with quote
This weeks kakashi gaiden episodes were great. I was surprise they put them out at the same time. The story was even more sad than the manga.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I felt the same way. With the manga I just thought the events were "unfortunate", but in the anime it really felt much sadder. Kudos to the production team, it doesn't happen often. I do wish Kakashi sounded a bit younger.

Coincidentally, this week in the manga a much similar situation to what took place at the end of anime between Kakashi and Rin happened. No spoiler, but it was interesting seeing the EXACT same thing take place between two different generations in the same week.

Emerje
FLMikeATT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Smoke wrote:
This weeks kakashi gaiden episodes were great. I was surprise they put them out at the same time. The story was even more sad than the manga.

Yeah, they were awesome. It was cool to see Kakashi as a kid, and the Yondaime and his teamates.

It was sad though. I teared up a little at spoiler[Obito's death] even though I already read the story arc in the manga.

I loved that we finally get to see the Yondaime in motion. We don't really get much of a feel of him in the manga, but he really came to life as a character in these two episodes.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:15 am Reply with quote
You know, before when we kept waiting and waiting for Kakashi Gaiden to be animated I had a feeling that they were waiting for a pivotal moment in Kakashi's life to air it. But now it actually makes sense that they would air it now, not because of Kakashi, but because of some upcoming spoiler[revelations about the Fourth and how he's connected to certain characters. It actually makes sense to get people to see just what made him such a legend in the first place.]

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 57 of 62