• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you watching right now? Why? (please read 1st post)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SgtMustang

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:34 am Reply with quote
Just finished up Touch.
Def alot of similarities to Cross Game. You can def see how Adachi's storytelling and chars have evolved from Touch to Cross Game.
I'd rate the series as a solid B.
Will prob wait a while before giving H2 a shot, a bit Adachi baseball anime'd out.
note-Loved the season 3 op.
Lucky_Smrt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:38 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Quote:
Broken Blade 4
Now this is quality mecha. It's getting awesome, and I can't wait for the next movie!

Uff, gotta watch it, then! Wink
I hope it's better than Blue Gender....which is awesome too!
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:30 am Reply with quote
Just finished Ghost Hound - it was quite a roller coaster ride. Stretches of it were as good as anything Ryutaro Nakamura has done (Serial Experiments Lain, Kino's Journey). The atmosphere is creepy at times, especially the soundscapes. At its very best it gave me goose bumps. I also appreciated how the characters weren't presented as types right from the start as is so often the case in anime. They were revealed slowly and they grew - including some of the adults - as the series progressed. Great stuff and very refreshing.

On the negative side, long sections of the series gave the impression that the story was being stretched out to fill the 22 episodes yet, ironically, the climactic ending seemed rushed and the outcome just a little too pat. Rating: good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:10 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
That all said, the big-chested twelve-year-old jailbait and the twenty-five-year old psychotic Loli are kind of a bit grating.

It's quite effective on people like me. The black lady included they're 3 sexualized characters, although far from useless: [NSFW] (I'm sure Blood- would love the one on the left.)
Of course, I was very surprised and just as delighted to see Sigyn like that on the fourth movie, but I guess it didn't work for ya.
Either way, I'm really glad they introduced this fella (look at that face, doesn't it just make you want to watch him kill people? Laughing ) . He'll be extremely entertaining, but here hoping he won't be completely psychotic but quite reasonable by the end of the day. Unlike a certain annoying villain from Escaflowne.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:51 am Reply with quote
Dang, egoist, I can't open your link. However, I know you are sufficiently aware of my, uh, "taste" that I'm sure you are right. I've seen the first two Break Blade movies and look forward to checking out the next two.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time. The rarity of these DVDs got me curious so I decided to check it out. Fun show. It's like I'm watching a dating sim...for women Wink Too bad it will cost around $200+ to complete.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
That all said, the big-chested twelve-year-old jailbait and the twenty-five-year old psychotic Loli are kind of a bit grating.

It's quite effective on people like me. The black lady included they're 3 sexualized characters, although far from useless: [NSFW] (I'm sure Blood- would love the one on the left.)
Of course, I was very surprised and just as delighted to see Sigyn like that on the fourth movie, but I guess it didn't work for ya.

I was not talking about Sigyn when I said twenty-five-year-old psychotic Loli, but the spoiler[short pigtailed soldier on the other side who requested that her commander reward her by patting her head, and who threatened to cut off an ally's balls just for badmouthing her. Ur, what?]

And Blood- had better enjoy the sausage-fest that is prison, because that's where he's going if he even looks at Cleo the wrong way. I didn't call her jailbait for nothing you know.

Blood- wrote:
Dang, egoist, I can't open your link.

If you are having the "no hotlinking" problem: click on the link, then go up to the url bar and highlight it, then hit enter. Unless of course you are at work, in which case you probably shouldn't do it.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Im watching Time of Eve.

Really lovely.
It's an interesting series, and a really relaxing watch, cozy, fun, and intelligent, I really like the animation too. The opening music made me think of the tune from the Simms game Smile

Im now really curious about Pale Cocoon of the same director, I just need to find it somewhere in my room now.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Finished Bakemonogatari which I gave a rating of Excellent. I liked the visuals, Hitagi Senjogahara, Nadeko, and the story was amusing. Now I'll need to finish up Saint Seya: The Lost Canvas and season 1 of Nodame Cantabile. My download for Broken Blade 4 just finished, so I'll start watching that now. Unfortunately, I have not seen the past 3 movies, but I have read the manga (up to Chapter 40-50 or something). I don't really recall a lot, but enough to understand what's going on. From what I've watched so far and remembered, Broken Blade follows the manga pretty closely.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
You really should watch the previous 3 movies. You're discarding most of the mood by doing this. Besides, the fifth won't be here for another 2 months or so. Wink
Mylene

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
With the onset of spring training, I've decided to sate my urge for baseball by rewatching Princess Nine, a really sweet nostalgia anime about an all-girl's baseball team aiming for Koshien.

I also recently watched both Summer Wars and Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11. The former was amazing, the latter was a nice recap (although doesn't work very well as a movie...).

I'm trying to start a rewatch of Sailor Moon S, but the hideous audio quality on the Geneon DVDs (and the video isn't much better) is really turning me off of the prospect. Which is rather unfortunate, I love Sailor Moon.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Evangelion movies aren't recaps. They're retelling, and you'll only notice a greater difference once you watch the second movie. If you disliked the first [series] because of Shinji, you will likely like this one, as they focus a lot less on his whiny behaviour this time.
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:50 am Reply with quote
About a bit more than half way thru Clannad and I am amazed by the power of the stories, and quality of the characters. I was a bit hesitant at first but now I can't wait to see more.

Watching Kure-nai in sub and love both the art/animation style and the story...characters very well done and a great one, glad I found it.
Wrathful

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote
I'm watching Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt just out of curiousity. I think this may be the most out there anime I've ever seen, way more insane than FLCL. Maybe the reason I keep watching may be I like the references that show up and the closer is addictive for me. I have somewhat mixed reaction with this show but I guess the animation quality is top of the line.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:00 am Reply with quote
CrisGer A.A. wrote:
Watching Kure-nai in sub and love both the art/animation style and the story...characters very well done and a great one, glad I found it.
Yes Kure-nai is a good hidden treasure, I pretty much fell in love with it.

I saw the Ah My Goddess OAV recently, it was grea and all, but I found it a bit odd that Keichi had a laptop and possibly surfing on the net, does that really fit the time setting? Anyway great seeing the characters all again.

Still waiting for Baka Test OVA to be subbed Confused

I saw the first new .HACK/ a little while back, not bad really, I think I might watch the second one soon enough.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 568 of 1062