• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:33 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
and it probably won't be solved until the end of the manga series.

Light novel series.
This series is based on light novels. Anime smile + sweatdrop
S0crates

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:07 am Reply with quote
spoiler[They forgave "Miss Stalin" way too easy. She tried to kill everyone, (as in world genocide of humans,) yet they forgive her "because she had a difficult upbringing". Her upbringing was even that of a noble, where "Oh no, I'm surrounded by a bunch of pricks, what a horrible destiny" was her reasoning rather than severe trauma. Jeesas, she's nothing but a spoiled brat that morphed her damaged mental state into that of a monster, while having all the opportunities in the world to correct it. Like, the final episode was the worst one by far, where up until now they've brutally punished everyone who deserved it, yet here they let it slide for seemingly no reason. I think this is the first time they allowed their wants for an ecchi scene to get in the way of the overall story telling imo.]
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:14 pm Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
and it probably won't be solved until the end of the manga series.

Light novel series.
This series is based on light novels. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Thanks for that BalmungHHQ. I should have know that, since I have been reading the LN's first. Old age I guess.

@S0crates
Going to have to reread the LN and watch the last episode again. You are probably right, though. From reading the review it seemed acceptable, but anime has that uncanny habit of being super very generous when it comes to forgiveness.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero is a super sized example of this bad habit.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Felt like the handling of Alicia in general (both backstory and the final events of the last episode) was pretty poorly done. Otherwise a good little 12 episodes, though -- certainly much more than I expected from this show, and a lot better than most isekai entries (though that's maybe not saying a ton, since the genre's become so bloated with shallow money grabs).

Agree with Key that HNtSADL is a pretty good candidate for most over-achieving show of the year.
Doompa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Good review
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:16 am Reply with quote
Demon Lord is the best ecchi isekai show that has been made and is one of the best anime of the season. It has good characterization, a good story, and good animation. In terms of ecchi I would say that Demon Lord was slightly more ecchi than Senran Kagura but a bit less ecchi than Monster Musume. I think it was a great adaptation of the light novels with the only noticeable issue being that the show did skip a scene in the light novels with Alicia which gave a bit more context to how she views the world. Overall Demon Lord was a very entertaining show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7