• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crazy Character Tournament: Final Battle

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:

It might be nice to see the list beforehand. There might be characters missing that really could stand to be there. For example, Revolutionary Girl Utena isn't particularly big on this board, but I can honestly say that Ohtori Akio is perhaps the most convincingly villainous character I've seen. If he weren't on there, I wouldn't be surprised, given that Utena isn't often mentioned here, but I would also implore to have him added (as I'm sure several people would second.)

Actually akio is there. If no one else wants to do this you can pm me to see the list seperatly.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Excel won...hmm.

Well, my inner Sailor Moon fan girl is doing this right right now:

But, she's informed me that with lots of ice cream and candy and kisses from her Mamo-chan, she should be better by tonight.

Congrats to Excel!

Your inner Sailor Moon looks like she's being forced to undress for some old perv. Is Walt Disney there lol? (Anyone get the reference?)
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Is Walt Disney there lol? (Anyone get the reference?)

Yes. xP

Cow-boy, I think you guys should start whenever you're ready.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:

Yes. xP

Do we get to nominate villains or do the "creators" simply pick them themselves? Just curious.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Aromatic Grass wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:

Yes. xP

Do we get to nominate villains or do the "creators" simply pick them themselves? Just curious.

There was already a nomination thread way back when, we just edited it a little.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow...I must have totally fallen asleep on that job there lol. Oh well, I;m sure it'll be fun.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quote
@Psycho is there anyone special you wanted to be on the list? and do you think we need another thread?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Just my opinion but I might make another thread simply because that seems to have been a while ago. This way it would be fresh in people's minds. That does mean more work on your part and if you have a long list already people voted on maybe you might not want to. Perhaps for a 1 week time period you could accept votes from people and limit it to one per person. Then any "new" nominations beyond those already nominated or re-onimated would get added. Just a thought. I'm sure the list is quite diverse so even if you don't I'll participate.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:
Me and a few other were concerned. We have the hole list filled out with 128 characters, but we wanted to know if you guys wanted a new nomination thread anyway becfause for a few we are not sure if all are truely evil or not, do you want to review the list yourselves? Or just leave it and have it battled out in the tournament?

Yeah, it would be a good idea to see the list, and then if need be, do another nominations thread.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
should I just post the list here instead of making the clutter of a new thread iof it isnt needed? Or (@fighterholic) you the only one who wants to see it?
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:
Me and a few other were concerned. We have the hole list filled out with 128 characters, but we wanted to know if you guys wanted a new nomination thread anyway becfause for a few we are not sure if all are truely evil or not, do you want to review the list yourselves? Or just leave it and have it battled out in the tournament?

Yeah, it would be a good idea to see the list, and then if need be, do another nominations thread.

Yeah...Well, I guess another nomination thread would build up anticipation and momentum until the actual tournament begins. It wouldn't hurt to have another for refreshers (because I didn't catch it either).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
Ha ha! I won the mini-game!

Nice image of Usagi, Lydia. I remember bawling my eyes out the first several times I watched that scene...*sniffle* Even Terri Hawkes was able to pull off that emotional moment.

Thank you! That's why I chose the picture. I did the same...still do actually.

I'm ignoring Psycho for right now. Dirty-minded perverts that he and ben are! Wink
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure I'm not the only one who actually wants to see the list. So, what you should do is just go ahead and make another thread with the current list in it, and if the people approve, then I think that you would be able to go through with the tournament.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Post the list, allow one week for additional votes. Then let say the top 5-10 new villains with the most votes be added to the original list.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Post the list, allow one week for additional votes. Then let say the top 5-10 new villains with the most votes be added to the original list.

I agree the orginal list was done...what, 6 months ago? Post it and let others add, I'm sure some of the more "minor" villians could be dropped if someone comes up with a good one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 63 of 64