• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed on Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:15 am Reply with quote
How convienent, SEED is on the same block as Wolf's Rain. I only have to set the VCR once Very Happy .

Although isn't SEED a long series? Airing it once a week, it will take awhile before it reaches its conclusion.
space clam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:44 am Reply with quote
SuperSkylineGTR wrote:

Although isn't SEED a long series? Airing it once a week, it will take awhile before it reaches its conclusion.

That's probably the idea. That will stretch the show out as long as possible. (Which only works if your show is popular enough to survive that.) I think that's why Toonami is showing DBGT at once a week. Of course, they actually NEED to stretch it out, becuase when that's over, it's the end of Dragonball. It may be that at one point down the road SEED may air two episodes in a row per week, if CN feels it's not performing as well as it should.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Proman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:20 am Reply with quote
emory wrote:

the only anime that CN has recognized as performing above average on Adult Swim have been FLCL and Big O.

Don't forget InuYasha. The fact that many users tune out after midnight might also have to do with the fact that it's very late. As for anime not being as popular as other shows, let us not forget that for years Dragonball Z was Cartoon Network's #1 rated show and it still has great ratings (which is why CN brought it back).
space clam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:33 am Reply with quote
Proman wrote:
As for anime not being as popular as other shows, let us not forget that for years Dragonball Z was Cartoon Network's #1 rated show and it still has great ratings (which is why CN brought it back).

Very true. I dare say that DBZ was THE show that drove Toonami along all these years. I might be interested to see how it fares when the entire set is exhausted, and the DBZ generation is sitting in a college dorm room.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
arxane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Can someone please confirm which block "Gundam SEED" is coming to rather make an educated guess?

While we're at it, can someone please provide the source of the "information" that said CN rejected "Last Exile" because they didn't want a show with child protagonists?
herbkir

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quote
If Gundam Seed is an SVES show rather than AS, they probably would run it at 10:30. It would make a great lead-in to the AS Saturday action block and an ideal compromise time between younger and older viewers. If it were an AS show, they'd probably run it at 12:30, right after the Inuyasha double header, in order to hold viewers. However you look at it, this will be like a return to the good old glory days of Saturday Adult Swim, complete with Inu and Gundam to watch. (^_*)
AnimeJay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
(as well as a 52-episode season of one other)

It should be noted that Gundam Seed is only 50 eps, not 52.
okendri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:58 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
Can someone please confirm which block "Gundam SEED" is coming to rather make an educated guess?

While we're at it, can someone please provide the source of the "information" that said CN rejected "Last Exile" because they didn't want a show with child protagonists?

The guys over at Toonzone are trying for confirmation, so we wait until then. I think that report is speculation on why CN may have past over Last Exile.

Well even at the lead off spot, Big O ratings were not as high as the usual comedy series.

How about a more educated guess.
From the cards they have Animatrix appearing on April 17th with the rest of shows coming the next week. Since they don't mention Seed at anytime, it is almost asured that Seed will be part of SVES.
http://adultswim.toonzone.net/
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:13 pm Reply with quote
AnimeJay wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
(as well as a 52-episode season of one other)

It should be noted that Gundam Seed is only 50 eps, not 52.

...I was referring to Inu-Yasha there. Season, not series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ultrabot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:50 am Reply with quote
arxane wrote:

that sounds like a shot in the foot if thats a reason (of several probably) that CN decided not to take LE.
arxane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:25 am Reply with quote
ultrabot wrote:
arxane wrote:

that sounds like a shot in the foot if thats a reason (of several probably) that CN decided not to take LE.

I personally think that reason is utter garbage. If it's true, then why did CN pick up "Detective Conan"? Still, I've seen a couple of people quote this as if it were on several boards on the net.
okendri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:36 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
ultrabot wrote:
arxane wrote:

I personally think that reason is utter garbage. If it's true, then why did CN pick up "Detective Conan"? Still, I've seen a couple of people quote this as if it were on several boards on the net.

In one of the chats, TTA said that CN passed on LE, but he didn't know why they did. Rumors have ways of multiplying on the internet.
Kira_Yamato

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I've seen all of gundam seed and to tell you the truth it gets pretty graphic and sexual in some eps ... if toonami was to get a hold of it the amount of cuts they do on the anime you would lose about 5-10 eps of gundam seed including that they will rerun gundam seed 50 billion times it will probably take 2 year to finish the series i hope adult swim gets gundam seed and not toonami
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3