• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Twin Spica going out of print

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lokarunith

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Ohh NO!

I'm always running for titles which are out of print or are scarce, There are a lot of titles which I am more intrested in but I'm always postponing their acquisition because of other titles going OOP. I have to keep my eyes open or otherwise I might have to pay double if I want to buy all twelve volumes.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
^that or settle for ex-library books, sometimes it's the only way that things can be done cheaply. I do have my ways of cleaning up ex-library books, I usually do my best to remove the stickers from the spines mostly as that's what you can see on the shelf (looking at my Firefighter Daigo set, I can't tell which five of the books are ex-library, clearly no one rented the poor things ever. I think I'm stuck with ex-library for Emma unless someone rescues it (and it's still going for $25 for some of those even being ex-library, to which I can only say "dayum!", but at least I have 6 of the volumes non-ex library so far!)

But at least Vertical has given us fair warning, so yeah, I'd just get on that asap and you should be ok for the next 6 months or so. Go grab a few from Book Depository or something, eh?
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
just bought the whole set of books so i can rest easy on this particular title.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I had some money in my Paypal account from an eBay sale. Just bought volume 12. I can't wait to read the ending.
zeta kira

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Count me in as one of those that recently picked up the entire run last month with volume 12 arriving earlier this week. Saves me the time and outrageous prices OOP books can become in a matter of time. Luckily, I have yet to encounter a series where I have to shell out anything over MSRP for it.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeah i wanted to avoid OOP prices myself. Id read the preview story on the vertical site and that was pretty good and the premise sounded good so im willing to take the risk on the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2