• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone from NTV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MakieSasaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote
We guessed it, we got it a new year treat to celebrate 2009.

The ups and downs and the hype over this new show a go- go

its over they have Evangelion & Soul eater

but do u still feel a lil let down?
Caloris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 am Reply with quote
They took their time.
Red Ant Entertainment has had it for ages.
chan wai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quote
Wow Geneon, Manga ,Red Ant, Funimation, the anime franchise is going on a tour. Laughing
Axe-336

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm hoping they're smart enough to bring Tiffany Grant in for Asuka. A lot of fans of the American dub would be happy... If they got a different person for Shinji I'd be happy personally.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote
To hear Tiffany Grant for Asuka would be quite nice, but if another actor has a voice that matches Asuka, I wouldn't mind.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
chan wai wrote:
Wow Geneon, Manga ,Red Ant, Funimation, the anime franchise is going on a tour. Laughing

Geneon never had any Eva. ADV had the series, as well as the Angelic Days manga. Personally my heart sank a bit to see Funimation had it, even though I figured as much for months. I would have preferred that ADV or Manga got it, but given the state of everything that just wasn't possible. They should at least bring back the VA's and as much of the production cast as possible.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:47 am Reply with quote
What's new about this movie? If that synopsis is correct it sounds like just a rehash of the series in a movie. I thought it picked up from where EoE left off. Having Tiffany Grant as the voice of an ethnic German, Japanese girl was one of the biggest annoying things about the series for me.
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quote
It is largely a rehash of the very beginning of the series, with much better animation(they actually have a budget this time!), although there are quite a few significant changes towards the end which suggest the storyline is going to move away from the series' in the coming movies. It's definitely worth checking out if you like Eva. Personally, some of the changes I liked, some I didn't, but either way, the next 3 movies should be interesting.

And no, it definitely doesn't pick up where EoE left off.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote
RhymesWithEmpty wrote:
It is largely a rehash of the very beginning of the series, with much better animation(they actually have a budget this time!), although there are quite a few significant changes towards the end which suggest the storyline is going to move away from the series' in the coming movies. It's definitely worth checking out if you like Eva. Personally, some of the changes I liked, some I didn't, but either way, the next 3 movies should be interesting.

And no, it definitely doesn't pick up where EoE left off.
The series had a budget too until the accountant in charge decided she'd go on holiday with it. We can only hope that lesson will not need to be repeated, and the end of this movie will actually be an ending of some sort, and not yet another tantrum, but past experience has so-far proved that will not be the case. Still it doesn't hurt to hope. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1