• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
anime usa con in VA

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellsing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:32 pm Reply with quote
did any one in this state go to this con I wanted to go but I couldn't cause my friends uncle died.

If anyone has been to this one then what was it like?
Ora

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I've gone to Anime USA twice, most recently this year. It was really fun, though they seriously need to get a Con Center cause it was packed! Most of the people I talked to agreed with me too. It's gotten better through the years and oddly enough there were a lot of newbie con goers there. Too bad you weren't able to go, they actually had a jpop group (Camino was the band, dunno if you've heard of them, but they were good) perform live this time. Wink There were a lot of workshops to go to and if you want to get into the Anime industry then it was beneficial to go to them (I went to the Cell painting one and Steve Bennett *Studio Iron Cat Co-Founder and Art Director* was really cool) hehehe I like the dealers room the most though, but that's cause I was suffering from AWS (Anime Withdrawal Syndrome) for about three months before I went. If you go next year (I am) then I suggest you get the Sponsors membership, cause then you get in early to almost everything. The only real problem I had with the Con was the fact that we had to stand in lines for a long time cause they were running late... Every one was real friendly though and I completely felt at home there, though I am an Otaku so I would ^^0
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Ora wrote:
It's gotten better through the years and oddly enough there were a lot of newbie con goers there. Too bad you weren't able to go, they actually had a jpop group (Camino was the band, dunno if you've heard of them, but they were good) perform live this time. Wink There were a lot of workshops to go to and if you want to get into the Anime industry then it was beneficial to go to them (I went to the Cell painting one and Steve Bennett *Studio Iron Cat Co-Founder and Art Director* was really cool) If you go next year (I am) then I suggest you get the Sponsors membership, cause then you get in early to almost everything.

Yay! Steve and Camino! Are you calling me a newb, Ora-sempai?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ora

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:59 pm Reply with quote
gomen Ko-chan but hai I am. Sok though, pretty new myself
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Are we going to Animerica next? And then are we going to AnimeUSA again?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ora

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Animazement 2005 and yes, Anime USA 2005 too. Smile
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Woh!
flicker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:29 pm Reply with quote
This past AUSA was my first con... and I loved it. I admit, I missed many things because of various photoshoots I went to (if you saw a rogue being the unofficial photographer for the Naruto group, that was me) but all in all it was great.

Camino was wonderful even if I only caught the last 30 minutes (horrible line!) and were really nice (I know of a few people that were hugged). The staff was also highly entertaining.
RedComet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:40 am Reply with quote
My friend went and I'm gonna ask him if he wants to go with me next year.
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:37 am Reply with quote
This is completely random, but I'm going to Animazement 2005 as well. I've preregistered and can't wait. Is there a site for Anime USA?
echocharlie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I've tried, but I've only found Anime USA 2004. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1