• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sweet Blue Flowers (Aoi Hana) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7, oh damn this episode just got really, REALLY juicy!!! Shocked

Quite of bit of stuff went on such as spoiler[Fumi playing hooky in order to go out with Akira (they actually went to Chinatown; neat!); it's most likely an attempt to avoid Yasuko. And then Yasuko invited Fumi to her place to meet the family including her "infamous" Sugimoto sisters. At the family table, Yasuko announced to her family that she is going out with Fumi. Then one of the sisters named Kori decided to drop a bomb shell by questioning how long their relationship will last since the "last one" (definitely referring to Yasuko's crush with the teacher). Yasuko stormed out of the room which left Fumi at a really awkward position.

With everything that has happened up to this point, this episode ended with Yasuko telling Fumi that they should break up.]

Damn, spoiler[I feel sorry for Fumi. Granted the first time is with her cousin Chizu who broke off with her in a totally bitchy move with the cake, and Yasuko needs to really sort out her true feelings before Fumi feels even worse pain than before. ]
Zork

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:59 am Reply with quote
I didn't think I would be enjoying this series as much as I am. The characters and emotions seem so real.

I kind of feel sorry for Yasuko. spoiler[ She seems so conflicted about what she actually wants she doesn't seem to realize that she is hurting those around her. I hope the blunt talk by her sisters helps her out. ]

I really feel sorry for poor Fumi. spoiler[ Despite her doubts, she seems to really love Yasuko. Fumi being told by Yasuko that she doubts she could be Fumi's girlfriend must have really hurt Fumi, especially after what happened between Fumi and her cousin. I hope Fumi isn't hurt too badly. But if she is, I'm sure Akira will be around to cheer her on.]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 8! Well, now here's another complication on these web of relationships! We all know that spoiler[Yasuko was in love with Kagami-sensei. This episode showed that he's in love with her sister, and they're getting married! Geez, Yasuko really knows how to choose her lovers. Shocked

This episode pretty much in the beginning stages of moving on whatever lingering feelings Fumi and Kyouko had for Yasuko with Akira being the supporter and the mediator (Akira did in fact confront Yasuko about the relationship between her an Fumi). This episode really ended nicely with both Fumi and Kyouko crying out knowing that they both got dumped by Yasuko.

And Fumi, GO FOR AKIRA!!!! She can be a more awesome girlfriend for you!!!! Surprised ]

Now how can this series wrap up in 3 more episodes?
Zork

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote
To think I felt sorry for Yasuko. She really does seem to be selfish and cruel.

As for Fumi, she was really adorable in this episode. I liked the way she tried to fix her hair and asjust her clothes before Akira could see her, and then just gave up about it.

I agree that Fumi should go for spoiler[Akira. They would make a wonderful couple. But Akira hasn't really shown any interest in other girls, has she? I have a feeling Fumi and Kyoko will eventually hook up after they get to know each other better during the upcoming vacation at the summer home. (Maybe that is Akira's plan? She did leave the two of them alone at the restaurant).] Shocked
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I just watched episodes 6, 7 and 8. I'd gotten behind a little due to spending time on other anime and a PSP game (Class Of Heroes).

Aww, poor Fumi. I think we all knew it would happen eventually, but Yasuko breaking up with her was still quite hurtful.

I must say I also feel a little for Yasuko herself though. Her situation regarding Kagami-sensei and her sister is similar to Fumi's cousin getting married in a way.

Acchan was so cute, the way she stood up to Yasuko for Fumi. If I were Fumi I'd fall in love with her right then (if she'd witnessed it of course).

Acchan seems to be the only one who isn't affected by Yasuko's cool charm. Well, there was that passing moment when she was doing her hair during the play, but that was very brief.

Kyouko I just don't get. Why does she keep torturing herself over Yasuko? I know the episode was titled 'Love is blind', but Yasuko clearly doesn't return her feelings at all, so I think she should just get over her and move on.

Fumi and Kyouko? Nah, there's no chemistry there really. Just some shared heart-ache. Acchan just left them alone for a bit because they were gossiping about her right in front of her I think.

Once again I must say that the art of this anime is just gorgeous. It really fits the feeling of the story.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9, now this is what I call a breather episode. It's mostly Fumi and the gang (including Akira's clingy brother) going to Kyouko's fiance's summer house and doing your usual summer activites like telling ghost stories, go out camping and cook curry, and doing the test of courage. Really, there's isn't much to spoil though spoiler[just like those lily flowers blooming during the moonlight night (hehehe, lilies; can't forget those in a yuri animu Wink ), it looks like something might sprout between Fumi's and Akira's relationship. Those two standing together during a starry night was a nice touch.]
Zork

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow Episode 10 sure wasn't what I was expecting.

spoiler[I was expecting to see a continuation of the possible developing relationship between Fumi and Achan. Instead the scene shifts ahead to the day of Yasuko's sisters wedding.

It looks like Yasuko finally realizes how boarish and selfish she has been and wants to make up with Fumi.

I was surprised how strong Fumi was when talking with Yasuko, telling her she was over Yasuko and that Yasuko should grow up. It seems Fumi has matured a little bit.

I wonder if Yasuko will still try to win Fumi's heart? Achan still has shown no real interest in a relationship with another girl, so I guess Yasuko still has a chance despite Fumi's feelings towards her.]

Last edited by Zork on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Just saw ep. 9 (Koharubi were a little late this week). Is it me, or were there hints at both Fumi×Akira and Fumi×Kyouko? Everyone was cute anyway Smile

Are there really only two eps. left now? It can't be ending so soon. This anime is too good Sad
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Second to last episode!!! Surprised

spoiler[Wow, it's now totally official; Fumi and Yasuko are now broken up, and it was Fumi that told her it was over even going as far as telling Yasuko that she was selfish. Fumi has seriously grown as a real character as this series progressed.] I'm almost sadden that this is going to be over soon. I've read some of the manga already, and I can already imagine where this is going to end,
Skylark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Second to last episode!!! Surprised

spoiler[Wow, it's now totally official; Fumi and Yasuko are now broken up, and it was Fumi that told her it was over even going as far as telling Yasuko that she was selfish. Fumi has seriously grown as a real character as this series progressed.] I'm almost sadden that this is going to be over soon. I've read some of the manga already, and I can already imagine where this is going to end,

no way can this end next week.. why... Sad

Seriously it'll be pretty poo in my opinion if Aachan and Fumi get together right away right now. Aachan hasn't shown even the slightest emotional sway towards Fumi or even towards her own gender at all. So far the show has hardly shown their relationship at all, just all this stuff with Yasuko (who I don't like in the slightest, by the way). They really should have made this series 20+ episodes, I can't possibly see how they can satisfyingly tie it all up with only 20 minutes of airtime to go.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:59 am Reply with quote
Only 4 volumes of the manga is out in Japan right now, and the anime was able to adapt about 3 of them. You won't have enough material for 20+ episodes until more manga gets released. Hopefully this NOISE timeslot is still around, and the anime staff are still interested in doing more Aoi Hana once there's more material.
David.Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quote
I have to say that I really enjoyed this series. But then again I always have a thing for slow, slice of life anime Very Happy

I just wonder if they will ever make another season or ova's to continue with the manga?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mitase

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:13 am Reply with quote
DVD update: I spoke to Fuji Creative Corporation in regards to the possibility of an Aoihana DVD and this is what they said.

Quote:
Dear Mr. M____,

Hello. My name is S____ S____ (Mr.) of Fuji Creative Corporation. I am
responsible for licensing our anime for territories of the U.S.A. and
others. I was forwarded your email below addressed to our general mailbox.

First, I would like to say thank you for your interest in Aoihana on behalf
of ourselves and the producers. Aoihana is a brand-new anime series which
started airing weekly in July on Fuji TV, our parent company. As for the
exploitation outside Japan, currently, the show is only available on
Crunchyroll.com for streaming viewing with English subtitles, but the
video/DVD product is yet to be licensed, should we find the right partner in
the near future for your territory.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Aoihana

Here's something you can do if you will. Please send your request to publish
the DVD of the show to any leading anime DVD publishers in the U.S.A. and
tell them the show is great. We are afraid that due to the characteristics
of the genre, there are not too many anime publishers out there who are
willing to take the show despite of the quality... So your support does
help!

Thank you once again for your email and we wish you all the best,

S___ S___

So for all of you Aoihana fans out there.. follow heed and send those emails!

Last edited by mitase on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skylark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quote
Futsuuuuuu.

Hargh the massive majority of this series was driven by a plot not really at all relative. I mean, look at the OP, and yet this is how it ends?

I will not be satisfied unless there is a second season. I really enjoyed this series but it just ended so bluntly. Hopefully with more manga, there will be more anime.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quote
Final episode, Christmas in September (well, in the second half anyways)!!! Surprised

Not much to say about the final episode since lots of things are moving to a close (with new beginnings nonetheless)spoiler[ with Yasuko studying abroad, that girl who finally made the first move on A-chan's brother, and A-chand and Fumi spending their winter nights together at the old school. It was at that moment Fumi realized who her first love was....... Razz ]

Good stuff, good stuff. I won't have much trouble recommending this title for anyone who wants yuri with actual good writing without the cheap gimmicks; I think someone mentioned in this thread how the writing is on par with the writing of the incestuous romance series Koi Kaze which is actually not a bad comparison. Granted the pacing may seem pretty lethargic to some peeps, but you will be rewarded with richly developed characterizations especially Fumi who definitely grew the most throughout.

Coming soon! Watch me fangasm on the upcoming somewhat cracktastic yuri romantic comedy series Sasameki Koto! That series I can see gaining a bit more fanbase.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4