• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 2.0's U.S. Screenings Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:37 am Reply with quote
grapeofdeath wrote:
This isn't a bad turnout in my opinion. To get this movie most cinemas have to specifically request it. I knew Living Room Theatre in Portland, OR would request 2.0 after how well 1.0 did. They originally requested it for 1 week, but it did so well at their location that they were able to keep it for 2 more.

WHAT?! I didn't even know that Eva 1.0 played here. I must have missed that announcement amidst the flood of Canadian shows. Well, I bought and watched the 1.11 Blu-Ray, so I will definitely be seeing this. And it comes out three weeks after Summer Wars, so January is going to be an awesome month.
Mizuneko2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 am Reply with quote
Aaaaw, no DC/MD screening this time? I kinda expected one since we were lucky enough to get a screening of the first movie last summer ('09).
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:47 am Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
Am I to assume both movies will be the subbed versions? I have no problem reading subs, it just means I'll have a hard time convincing friends to come with me...

This is FUNimation we're talking about. I think it would be safe to assume that the majority of the locations (if not all of them) will be dubbed.

According to my local arthouse theaters website, they're showing it dubbed. But I checked the sites for some of the other theaters that were showing it and at least 1 will be showing it subtitled, but that may be a special case (they may have requested it), as opposed to an indication that most of the showings will be subbed.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:47 am Reply with quote
I always check these things just on the off chance Kansas City is listed... and it was this time! And for a week!? This totally just made my day. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
grapeofdeath

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:57 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
grapeofdeath wrote:
This isn't a bad turnout in my opinion. To get this movie most cinemas have to specifically request it. I knew Living Room Theatre in Portland, OR would request 2.0 after how well 1.0 did. They originally requested it for 1 week, but it did so well at their location that they were able to keep it for 2 more.

WHAT?! I didn't even know that Eva 1.0 played here. I must have missed that announcement amidst the flood of Canadian shows. Well, I bought and watched the 1.11 Blu-Ray, so I will definitely be seeing this. And it comes out three weeks after Summer Wars, so January is going to be an awesome month.

That's just it. It was never listed on ANN. I'm surprised they decided to list it on the site this time. To be able to watch anime on the big screen in Portland you have to keep up with the movie listings week by week. It's always awesome when the Clinton theater decides to run a double feature of anime movies. Usually it's the original 35mm print of Cowboy Bebop and whatever else they feel like.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:12 pm Reply with quote
grapeofdeath wrote:
teh*darkness wrote:
grapeofdeath wrote:

That's just it. It was never listed on ANN. I'm surprised they decided to list it on the site this time. To be able to watch anime on the big screen in Portland you have to keep up with the movie listings week by week. It's always awesome when the Clinton theater decides to run a double feature of anime movies. Usually it's the original 35mm print of Cowboy Bebop and whatever else they feel like.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-12/eva-1.0-film-on-70+n-american-screens-this-summer
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I want to go see this!! I live about 3 hours away from the nearest screening, but I want to go!
GordanHam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Weird double post see below
ooooooooolllllllllllllllll
ooooooo\llllllllllllllllllllllllll/
oooooooo\lllllllllllllllllllll/
ooooooooo\llllllllllllllll/
oooooooooo\lllllllllll/
ooooooooooo\llllll/
oooooooooooo\l/

Last edited by GordanHam on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
GordanHam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Oh my gosh this is super cool!
These next two months are going to be like movie madness
There is Summer Wars which starts a week from tomorrow and then Eva and Gantz less then a month later.

Ok! And interesting developement for those dub vs. sub people!
Appearently, at least in Arizona, Summer wars will be getting both a dub and sub release:
http://www.harkinstheatres.com/comingSoon.aspx (arranged chronologically, just scroll down a little, now poster for them though)
I am going to see the dub for sure, but interesting to see they put the effort in to get both.

And I am super licky again! I hear that the guy who runs the Tempe Arts theater is a really big Eva fan, but I would have never imagined that they would replay the fisrt one. My school's anime club is going together to go see Summer Wars and I was hoping we could hit Eva too, but since it is a sequel I was just going to screen the first one during a meeting. But know my problems are solved! This is awesome. I really don't mind seeing the first one in theaters again. Haha. The best part is that my brother is going to out of state on the a little later that month and he really thought he was going to miss it.

In the end I will probably be seeing both movies at least twice. This is supper awesome news. The only down side is Gantz. I am excited to see it, but the whole one night only thing blows. Especially when they always put the screenings on Thursdays. Like what the heck is that all about! But I will see it never the less. Besides being one day only, and at a crappy time, they are also at crappy crazy random locations. It really blows, they should really try to get some in Harkins theaters instead of just AMC.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Oh neat. Eva 2.0 at the Alamo. Too bad I live closer to Chicago...
musashi1600

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote
The Eva fans on Maui must be happy they don't have to add $140 for interisland airfare to the price of their movie ticket. Laughing

It's odd that the Oahu screening will be at the Academy of Arts instead of the Consolidated Kahala theaters, where Eva 1.0 and DoHS were screened. It is the same place Summer Wars will be shown next month, though.
grapeofdeath

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:16 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
grapeofdeath wrote:
teh*darkness wrote:
grapeofdeath wrote:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-12/eva-1.0-film-on-70+n-american-screens-this-summer

Living Room Theatre in Portland, OR wasn't in this initial list. I mentioned it only since another person in Portland wondered how they had missed 1.0 the first time around.
Mistook

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Incase anyone bothers coming back to this thread, I contacted FUNimation about showings and such, and straight from their mouth, they said these screenings will NOT be dubbed. It is the original Japanese audio, obviously with subs. I contacted the theater near me playing it and they themselves also said it wasn't the dub.

Just letting you people know.
nynextew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
RAAGHGHGH! Why are there no showings in Missouri, ever? D:
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:34 am Reply with quote
Mistook wrote:
Incase anyone bothers coming back to this thread, I contacted FUNimation about showings and such, and straight from their mouth, they said these screenings will NOT be dubbed. It is the original Japanese audio, obviously with subs. I contacted the theater near me playing it and they themselves also said it wasn't the dub.

Just letting you people know.

Whoa, thanks for the info. Guess this means it'll just be me and one of my friends. Was thinking I'd invite some more people to go see a landmark anime movie, but most people I know aren't into reading subtitles. Guess they'll all have to wait until it releases on BD. Oh well...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3