• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where can I find Gundam SEED PG models?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I've looked and searched the 'net and the only place I can find some sort of decent online store that has GS PG models in their store is a british store (if you couldn't tell, I'm in the USA), and I'd rather buy from a store in the lower 48 instead of having to import if I choose to buy a GS PG model such as the Freedom.
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:47 pm Reply with quote
That's an interesting question, but right off the top of my head the only place I can think of that sells the SEED PG kits is Hobby Link Japan

I have a friend thay buys a lot of MSIAs so I'll see if he knows of any place you can get the kits, and I'll let you know what I find out
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Firstly, there is no Perfect Grade Freedom Gundam, sadly. The only Perfect Grade from Gundam SEED at the moment is the Strike Gundam, as well as a Skygrasper with the Aile Striker Pack (photos from Japanese conventions suggest Sword & Launcher Striker Packs are coming soon, but no announcements have been made). There's also a Perfect Grade Strike Rouge Gundam coming out soon, as well.

Secondly, Hobby Link Japan & PlaJapan.com seem like good places.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:40 am Reply with quote
odd, I thought that they had made a PG version of Freedom, or were at least going to. Oh well....here's to hoping Very Happy.

It's funny, though. I swore I'd only be interested in the gundam anime, but now that I'm such a big fan, I'm now having the urges to get some sweet models of my favorite gundams, LOL.
Nionel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:21 am Reply with quote
Honestly, that's not too much of a suprise, I started out the same way and now I have a couple of model kits (GM and Gouf Ignited) that I picked up at a local store, the models are pretty nice but then again, Bandai also puts out some really awesome action figures in Japan as well, the MSIA line, if your not into building model kits
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Firstly, there is no Perfect Grade Freedom Gundam, sadly.

Hmm, Action-HQ lists a perfect grade Freedom. If it doesn't exist then I wonder what this thing is. AHQ has been known to screw up listings, but this isn't the master grade, they've got that too.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
If it doesn't exist then I wonder what this thing is.

It's false is what it is. If the PG Freedom was already out as that site suggests, there'd have been an announcement. There have been none. If it was "coming soon" to the point where they'd have pictures, there'd have already been an announcement months ago (just look at how long it took for PG Strike & PG Skygrasper pictures to surface after they were first announced). There have been none. The closest we have to a legitimate PG Freedom are a couple very recent rumours from a recent Japanese hobby convention, slating a tentative release for December. That's all.

EDIT: Ah, I know where Action-HQ screwed up. That's the 1/60 Freedom Gundam, but it is not a Perfect Grade. They seem to think that 1/60 = Perfect Grade in all cases, which is false. Also, the box art they are using for the Master Grade Freedom Gundam is actually from the 1/60's box. It's all right here, same photos, same box art, proper heading.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
odango

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:13 am Reply with quote
You maybe want to check out www.modeledom.com

This is where we buy must of our Gundam models. It's in Canada though, so I don't know about shipping to the USA, but if you live in the Ottawa region, they even deliver it to your door so no shipping charges.
Very Happy
Number Six

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Sorry if this is off-topic, but what is a "perfect grade" model? Not being into models, I would guess its a perfect replica, but given the original is an animated object, how would you define "perfect"? I did check the lexicon, or is "perfect grade" not anime specific?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Perfect Grade is part of Bandai's little naming scheme for the various classes of model kit they put out, specifically their Gundam kits. Basically, it all plays out something like this:

1/144 Scale: parts are molded in a scant few basic colours, very limited mobility, not that many pieces, and the easiest to assemble.
High Grade 1/144 Scale: more parts, molded more in the colours correct to the anime version, more pieces, and a lot more mobility. They're pretty cheap too, and have the widest selection of mobile suits to choose from.
1/100 Scale: about equal in quality to the HG1/144, albeit bigger. About the same features as the HG1/144, with some kits being better and some being worse than their smaller counterparts.
Master Grade 1/100 Scale: the second highest-quality you can find in a Gundam kit, and THE highest for under $100. Incredible mobility, most of the parts are molded in the correct colours, there are a lot more pieces to them, and they even feature some of the inner workings of the suit.
1/60 Scale: somewhere between a 1/100 and MG1/100 in terms of quality, and there also aren't that many of them (the only ones I can recall are the Strike Gundam with all three Striker Packs and the Freedom Gundam).
Perfect Grade 1/60 Scale: the highest-quality Gundam kits around. Amasingly well-made, featuring a LOT of detail, mobility, etc. Parts are almost all molded in the correct colours (and there are a lot of parts), and some even require metal screws and have internal lighting as I recall. Naturally, they're also the most expensive, ranging from $100-$250 based on the prices I've seen.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
... the models are pretty nice but then again, Bandai also puts out some really awesome action figures in Japan as well, the MSIA line, if your not into building model kits

I took that advice, as while I don't mind and would enjoy putting those models together, I didn't feel like getting the detailing paint kits (for painting the parts that needed color detailing), and also paying a higher price for the more detailed kits.

Just ordered the MSiA version of the Justice Gundam.....not too expensive and it looks really sweet. Should arrive in less than a week (should ship on monday and arrive in 2 to 3 business days).

Now if only they had the normal freedom in MSiA......they do have the SF and IJ on preorder, though Very Happy.

Ordered from plajapan, btw. Processed the order quickly as well for having ordered on a saturday.

Edit: Holy COW! They even shipped today as well! these guys rock!
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Sir_Brass wrote:
Now if only they had the normal freedom in MSiA......

They do, though it might not be available on the site you used. There's also a top-quality Cosmic Region version, which is essentially FIX Figuration's SEED line.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote
got links to where I could buy an msia freedom?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:03 am Reply with quote
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know where I can buy the models in america. Especially http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932874
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2