• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Ordinary Life (Nichijou) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiddtic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 am Reply with quote
The wiener part was very funny thats true but the whole episode was roller coaster...in a bad way i mean umm wrong example. it was more like a sales chart on easter eggs or any seasonal product.. you get the point. It was UP and very DOWN and slow and repetitive but those Ups were good enough to keep you waiting for "next years rise" (see what i did there:)

I hope it gets more consistent I personally liked the bit that had the robot clash with the boy to ensue an epic explosion, then having said robot look for an exit on the top of the roof. But that wasnt the best bit, the part at the end with boy just realising he wasnt in familiar territory cracked me up the most.

Ill give it a chance for now coz i love KyoAni and ever since I became an anime fan they haven't disappointed me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kirema

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Gotta say, that first episode was pretty darn funny even though it had its up and downs, but when it clicks it clicks. I think the wiener part alone will cause me to watch the rest of the season just to see if they can make me laugh that hard again.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:37 am Reply with quote
MY LIFE IS ON FIRE!

Oh my goodness was this episode hilarious. There wasn't a favorite part because everything was so good. This is without a doubt the best show of the season for me.

Also, when did KyoAni turn into Gainax? The animation in this episode was just sick. This could also probably have the best animation this season, which is surprising considering it's a comedy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:37 am Reply with quote
Nichijou strikes me as one of those shows that I'll watch to the end, but that is also a little bit of a slog to get through each eppie. Definitely has some funny stuff, however.

There is one aspect to the show that really bugs me and some of you may think it's a bit odd: I'm bothered by the running gag of the robot who wants to be and look normal being modified by the loli professor in ways she doesn't like. It really hit me last episode when the robot found out that the only reason she has the big key on her back is that when it is wound up, it fires off her big toe. When she said she wanted it gone so that she could sleep normally and sit in chairs properly, I really sympathized with her. This week wasn't so bad with the arm rollcake and forehead sweet bun, but there is an element of cruelty to this running gag that just doesn't sit well with me.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I'd get how you could see it as cruel...if Nano seemed more bugged by it. Going by this episode, she asked to eat the roll cake that came from her arm. She also ate the sweet bun that popped out of her head. So maybe if she had been really disturbed by it, it'd be cruel, but she got over it and eventually went with it. Also, the Professor isn't really being mean spirited, she's being a 5 year old girl, which I think makes it that much funnier because only a little kid would come up with those modifications.

I do find it peculiar how you Pinocchio-ized Nano, though, instead of seeing her as a source of comedy. It's like feeling bad for Ayumu for how Sera treats him. Her desire to be more "human" is being foiled by the imagination and ingenuity of a 5 year old girl. I find that quite funny, but then again, I'm awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Why would I not view Nano as a living being? - the show certainly does. She seems in all respects human except for the big key sticking out of her back or any time we see one of those mechanical alterations. I dunno, refusing a sentient being's totally understandable and reasonable request to look normal and not be embarrassed in public by weird mechanical things jumping out of her seems cruel to me.

As for Sera's treatment of Ayumu - Sera's gorgeous with big tatas, so she's allowed to do whatever she wants. Wink
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
MY LIFE IS ON FIRE!

Oh my goodness was this episode hilarious. There wasn't a favorite part because everything was so good. This is without a doubt the best show of the season for me.

Also, when did KyoAni turn into Gainax? The animation in this episode was just sick. This could also probably have the best animation this
season, which is surprising considering it's a comedy.

See, if KyoAni had done this with K-ON, who knows where that show would place in my top 5 animes of all time.

But at least I can say that I knew Nichijou would be good as soon as the Spring Chart came out. Nothing IMO has beaten it thus far.

Last edited by SonicRenegade84 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
MY LIFE IS ON FIREEEEEEE

I don't care what anyone says. This show, is just absolutely hilarious. It kinda fills the hole Cromartie left after I finished it.

Also, Sasahara is why there needs to be more male characters in these kinds of shows.
Vhaeraun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I kinda wanna work 'roll cake' into Rock-Paper-Scissors now xD

And yes, Sasahara is awesome.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Ya know, there something that has to be said about turning your robot girl into an Easy Bake Oven...

...it makes me hungry for cakes. Crying or Very sad
Mister V

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:23 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Nichijou strikes me as one of those shows that I'll watch to the end, but that is also a little bit of a slog to get through each eppie. Definitely has some funny stuff, however.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Frankly I find the "doctor" and robot scenes to be the weakest part in the show. If they continue like that I might as well skip them. The rest can be fun.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
I guess the are afew parts of the show I like so far: I like the robot (Nano) as she generally seems likeable, plus it is funny seeing her have to put up with the proffessor and trying to reason with her. And I enjoy Mio, especially with her having to deal with stupidity, whether by those close to her, or by her own like with the book that reminds me of Sousuke.

Not to forget goat boy, I think he works well with that gun girl as his foil.
Reiizm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely loving this anime so far.
My favorite types of Anime's are Comedy/Slice of Life
Such as Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, K-ON, The first bit of Clannad etc.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Bump

This episode, episode 14, solidified Nichijou as best show of Spring 2011, and probably only second best to Madoka for all year (for me at least).

Oh my god, I almost died laughing this episode, and I think the only reason I'm still alive is because I'm not a weasel (who knows that reference?). TWICE I had to pause to clear my eyes out. Once after Nano's self talk in the beginning, and again after Mio and Yuuko's argument. The punches just rolled all episode.

And can we please go ahead and give "Best Animation of the Year" award to this show right now since the odds are that nothing is going to top it? Seriously, Kyoto Animation is using that K-ON/Haruhi money really, really, really well.

It is such a fricking shame that if this show were to ever be licensed it'd be a sub-only DVD. Ugh, why can't this be 2004 again?
NonoAsumy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I am so in love with this show.
Seriously the best show of the year so far (waiting for Penguin Drum)
and also one of the best anime I had the pleasure to watch.

I believe Nichijou has actual merit beyond its humour.

However I have to think about it a little more
for now I have only written small pieces of in depth analysis.

I am glad KyonAni is using their moeish K-ON gold for something good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4