• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fry's Anime Bargain Bin

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number Six

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I was in Fry's in Manhattan Beach, CA today and they had an anime "Bargain Bin" Every title was $6.99. They didn't have much of a selection, just a few mid-series volumes of Love Hina, Argentosoma, Blue Submarine, and a few (maybe 4-5) others. I picked up the first volume of Melty Lancer, something I have never heard of, but for 7 bucks, I figure I can't go too wrong.

If you have a Fry's nearby, you might want to check it out. I don't know if all Fry's has this or if it was just a local thing. Again, they had a very limited selection of titles, so I wouldn't drop everything just to go in for this...
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, I'll have to go to Fry's in here (the closest being Campbell, CA) to see if they have a bargain bin. Smile
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Number Six

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:22 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Actually, this blog just talks about FLCL being available at Fry's. Fry's has a decent selection of anime (at regular prices) and has had this for some time. The Bargain Bin is something new I just noticed the other day. Basically, it was just a box at the end of the DVD aisle. It couldn't have had more than 20-25 DVD's.
freshkazuki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I was at the houston Fry's on I-45 last week and they had almost all of the Hack//Sign limited edition anime volumes in the bargain bin and in the regular anime section for $6.99. Most of the stuff in the bin was nothing interesting, but what do you expect?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1