• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece and Naruto #1 in their time slots

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Cartoon Network’s Saturday-Night Animé Earns Double-Digit Growth in November

Zatch Bell, Naruto and One Piece Prove Strength of Japanese Animation in TOONAMI Franchise

Three popular Animé series proved the on-going U.S. popularity of Japanese animation this November as each program earned significant double-digit delivery and ratings growth among Cartoon Network’s target audience of tweens 9-14, according to Nielsen Media Research. Presented within TOONAMI, the network’s weekend franchise of action-adventure programming, Zatch Bell (Saturday, 8:30 p.m.), Naruto (Saturday, 9 p.m.) and One Piece (Saturday, 9:30 p.m.) also produced considerable growth among kids 6-11 throughout November, and the later two series both ranked #1 on all television—broadcast and cable—for delivery and ratings of boys 9-14.

Highlights of each program’s average performance throughout November vs. the same time period on Cartoon Network last year include the following:

Zatch Bell (Saturdays in November, 8:30 p.m.)

* Tweens 9-14 delivery (633,000) increased by 33% and ratings (2.6) by 37%.
* Kids 6-11 delivery (616,000) and ratings (2.5) both expanded by 9%.

Naruto (Saturdays in November, 9 p.m.)

* Tweens 9-14 delivery (790,000) improved by 70% and ratings (3.2) by 68%.
* Kids 6-11 delivery (654,000) grew by 22% and ratings (2.7) by 23%
* Series ranked #1 in its time period on all television for ratings (4.7) and delivery (587,000) of boys 9-14.

One Piece (Saturdays in November, 9:30 p.m.)

* Tweens 9-14 delivery (694,000) leapt by 23% and ratings (2.8) by 22%.
* Kids 6-11 delivery (622,000) rose by 20% and ratings (2.6) by 24%
* Series ranked #1 in its time period on all television for ratings (4.0) and delivery (499,000) of boys 9-14.

[Please use direct URLs]/c4wen" target="_blank" class="postlink -wrap" rel="nofollow ugc">http://">[Please use direct URLs]/c4wen

While I have a hatred for the One Piece dub, I'm glad to see it doing well on Toonami. Funny how it gets phenomenal ratings with the teens but on Saturday mornings it's in last place, eh? *HINT HINT WINK WINK*

If there has been ANYTHING to ground what I've been saying all along - that there are more teens watching than kids and that Toonami has always been its true home - then this is it.

Of course I'm also glad to see Naruto and Zatch Bell doing well. Made a fanboy proud, Viz =)
mydog8u2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, go Naruto! Go Zatch Bell! Go... One Piece... Confused

It's funny, I actually like One Piece the most out of the three, but after seeing the corkscrew guns and the water pistols, I can only be confused at its popularity. But all the same, Go One Piece!

Oh and forgive my utter dimwitted stupidity, but would you care to explain the 'wink wink'?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh and forgive my utter dimwitted stupidity, but would you care to explain the 'wink wink'?

Forgiven =)

And people usually wink when they're trying to imply something - me using it is indicating that it does better on Toonami and should therefore be moved there.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:54 pm Reply with quote
anyone know how Bobobo is doing in the ratings? i want this to stay, cause it's the only show that sticks out in Toonami.

Last edited by v1cious on Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolf X

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Ok, Bobobo is the worst anime I have ever seen. It is nothing more than a acid trip with a single nonrelivent theme behind it.
mydog8u2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Yashouzoid wrote:
Quote:

Forgiven =)

And people usually wink when they're trying to imply something - me using it is indicating that it does better on Toonami and should therefore be moved there.

Oh ok. thanks. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Wolf X wrote:
It is nothing more than a acid trip with a single nonrelivent theme behind it.

and that's why it needs to stay Very Happy
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Bobobo does indeed suck. It's like Milk-chan only even less funny. Why do they run that instead of a really funny show, like Excel Saga or Beat to Death Angel Dokuro-Chan?
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:51 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Why do they run that instead of a really funny show, like Excel Saga or Beat to Death Angel Dokuro-Chan?

during Toonami?
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:08 am Reply with quote
Bump Adult Swim to 10PM, run better shows in that timeslot. The restrictions of Toonami are too harsh. Fricking Drawn Together runs at 10:30pm.
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:16 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Bump Adult Swim to 10PM, run better shows in that timeslot. The restrictions of Toonami are too harsh. Fricking Drawn Together runs at 10:30pm.
Different channel, different standards. Cartoon Network before... 10 CST is for the kids and... ugg tweens, while after AS is aimed at just.... teens (I will kick the person that came up with "tweens" square in the nuts.) and older. Comedy Central after, I think it's 9 CST is aimmed adults. Don't like it, talk to Tunar about it.

Boboo rocks!
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:34 am Reply with quote
All I'm saying is, if they want better ratings, move AS up to 10, and show the "tween" shows, those that could theoretically be edited to Toonami standards but really shouldn't, into the 10pm timeslot. Of course, what do they care about ratings, they're just a tv network.
RezSav

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:57 am Reply with quote
What I want to know is will this mean more edits
suna_suna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:12 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
What I want to know is will this mean more edits

edits relating to what? the ratings or the time slots?

Anyway, all this shows is that anime is as popular with kids as it is with teens and whats in between them. Yes, i know one piece is now for kids here, but still, alot of teens probably watch it as well. Naruto and Zatch Bell are a little more mature, not mjuch for Zatch Bell, and they get good ratings as well.
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
So uh, how did this turn into a BoBoBo hating topic?

*may be partial being a BoBoBo fan*

Anyway, its ratings aren't that good =(
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4