• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Men & Women Vote on Which Anime Character They'd Want as a Little Sister

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am a bit surprised Suguha Kirigaya is not number one because she seems very eager to have sex with her brother. And let us not kid ourselves, male otakus voted based on which little sister they would feel better f-ing, gross.

That is my opinion on this poll. Sorry for being this cynical. But the whole imouto thing is all about incest, not pure, clean, normal sibling love.

well sorry about that but that is what it means for some otaku men.almost every otaku men always have that part of them that want their first time to be with their sister in real life. myself included.

and i have friends who are otakus themselves & into relationships with their blood related siblings and cousins.

and for some its not the case.

so when they vote in this vote their gonna vote on the girl who is in love with their family member, so its no surprise that suguha and that girl from orimeo is on the list & on the top 5 since their both cute & most importantly in love with their brothers.

however i am more surprised that the sister from Koi Kaze didn't make the list. if that series was more popular, she would have made it for sure.

regardless , its not a brainer almost everyone voted for Ui from K-ON! number one. she's small. not to mentioned almost loli like. though i was under the assumption that sakura from CCS would have easily make this list or even nanoha from season 1. not to the loli girl from asumanga daioh who was popular with every otaku at the time. if that series or any of the others was still popular now, sakura would have been number 1 hands down instead of Ui and Nanoha would have easily have been number 2 and the girl from asumanga daioh would have been number 3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
not every otaku is open minded and don't have a issue with siblings/cousins relationships

There is nothing "open minded" about [expletive] a sibling. Enjoy your fetish as much as you want, but don't pretend it's something enlightening.
Visigothette

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: You're entitled to your opinion, but name-calling and personal insults is where we draw the line. Either disagree respectfully, or be angry somewhere else. -TK]
Lusbox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:54 am Reply with quote
Here we go with the incest defenders again..

No matter how much you want it, it's never going to be accepted.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
Kirino has to be one of the most annoying characters I have ever encountered in anime. I have a really hard time trying to understand how in the world she got the most votes from men...

Oh wait

Wakazhi wrote:
I guess the majority of the guys are masochists....

Because why would anyone want to be in the same house with Kirino unless they just wanted to be verbally and physically assaulted everyday?

I guess that explains why Haruhi was so popular. Japanese dudes just like to get stepped on I guess.

Yeah, that's probably it, LOL.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:10 am Reply with quote
2 anime characters I'd like to have as a younger sister would be Renge-chan and Nattsun, both from Non Non Biyori.

Renge-chan is just a funny little kid and Nattsun kind of reminds me of myself when I was younger (some characteristics made me think she was a female version of me)...so it'd be nice to have a sister I'd probably get along with well. Laughing
Visigothette

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
Lusbox wrote:

Just because you say something, doesn't make it true. Sorry for the reality check.
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Japan is just like the one in your "Japanese animes".

Actually, the real Japan does not have quite as many mecha and magical girls.

And I still want Ui Hirasawa for my sister.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
Well, if you count cosplayers, GunPla and a couple life-size statues...
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
I'd love Gou as a little sister! She's totally someone I could get along with and we both like muscular people. (Well.. I dunno if she's into girls' muscles too, but muscles are muscles?) The only thing is I read she was actually pretty bad at sports, so it's not like we could practice sports together. (So sad no playing soccer with Gou-chan. ; - ; )
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
Where the hell is Kyon's sister!?
eragon2890

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
Lusbox wrote:

But no-one cares, I don´t like incest in real life, but I Do like oreimo and such series, and my favorite most cutest vocaloid couple is Len x Rin. also, if you´re an anime fan and go to cons, more than half of your fellow con-goers probably find it cute tough. Just deal with it, it´s popular, and complaining about it A) won´t help you make any fellow anime-loving friends and B) won´t change a thing because no otaku cares what the rest of the world thinks about ecchi and moe or this stuff. WE like it, there are thousands and thousands of us at each con, we are a very close-knit community, so we don´t have to care about the rest of the world´s opinion about our hobby. Espcially not since I am doing a study in COmputer Science, and about 90% of my class is also Otaku. Hell, my boss later will probably be one! Anime hyper
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
You're not supposed to reveal your dirty fantasies let alone practice them. Japan just doesn't know that.
Moefan199

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Not too surprised with the guy voted list. Several incest characters on. Seriously who would willing have Kirino as a sister. The girl voted list is much better they picked characters you could live with as sisters.

I love that Ui won the overall count. She is a character whose personality is great as a sister. I known she is a little to perfect but that is what she is suppose to be the ultimate little sister.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
If Kirino was my sister, disown, restraining order, 12-gauge shotgun loaded with double-aught buckshot, in ascending order of severity. I actually wouldn't mind Suguha, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6