• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gakkō Gurashi! Survival Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

HitokiriShadow wrote:
A shame that it will be completely impossible for people to go into this show without already knowing what it is. The first chapter is not upfront about this, so there's a really big WTF at the end.

That depends, I got into this manga without knowning anything about it. I just though it'd be another CGDT series.

Then again, I read the first chapter on the day it got translated, and then the next 9 chapters in the next 2 days.

Sure, it's possible for people to have read the manga not knowing what it was. That was what I did too.

I'm saying it's going to be basically impossible for people to go into the anime knowing nothing about it like you and I did for the manga. They'd have to completely avoid anything about it or only glance at the headline and then forget about it and just watch the first episode on a whim. Someone wouldn't have even needed to read the article text to learn that this is a zombie show, it's right there in the headline.
sarusa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Geez, you guys just completely spoiled the first ep.

Though anyone who knows Nitro+ could have guessed it was going to get real disturbing.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Will be watching since HOTD left a hole in my heart(slow ass hiatus manga halting another anime adaption).
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
So basically, this is [insert moe girls SoL anime] meets Highschool of the Dead anime. Interesting plot. I am hoping that DEEN is working on Sakura Trick's S2 spoiler[which is very unlikely ;_:].
gilg4mesh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
Don't judge an anime/manga by its... moe-ness Embarassed
It's moe-ness caught me off my guard Shocked

Gakkou Gurashi, at first strikes with its moe characters, turns out to be trulyspoiler[... depressing. It's dark, it's sad, it's heartwarming Crying or Very sad ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2