• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: High School DxD's Issei Sings About Breasts in Season 3 Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Omfg that song! LOL. can't wait for Season 3!

at least it's not as silly as folgore's breast groping song from Gatch Bell. definitely one i wouldnt be forgetting anytime soon considering how stupid it is and funny at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
This is the same guy who voiced the guy who wanted to kill all the titans right? Anime hyper I guess he got tired of titans so he wanted to conquer all boobs now Laughing
idkAlan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:15 am Reply with quote
I really thought that I would have to wait until April to hear the oppai dragon song but I was really happy when I heard this song as it spoke to me.

Give that man a Grammy
Melicans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
They should have picked this as the opener!
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Animelover12313 wrote:
This is the same guy who voiced the guy who wanted to kill all the titans right? Anime hyper I guess he got tired of titans so he wanted to conquer all boobs now Laughing

I'm afraid its not Byrce. its actually one of those ADV / Sentai vets Josh Grelle (Ichika Orimura from Infinite Stratos ) that is voicing Issei. though you were pretty close.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

I'm afraid its not Byrce. its actually one of those ADV / Sentai vets Josh Grelle (Ichika Orimura from Infinite Stratos ) that is voicing Issei. though you were pretty close.

come on now, it should be blinding obvious that he is referring to Kuki Kaji here

Josh isn't even in High School DxD. Scott Freeman voices Issei in English
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote
Well,it looks like "Weird Japan" has struck again,making a theme song that,if someone did it in this country would have people like Gloria Steinem up in arms,picketing the studio and screaming their offense over that song to the entire planet. I doubt that a song like that would be done here these days,except in the gangster rap precincts. I'd probably feel embarrassed if I sung that song. Probably Scott Freeman,the English voice of one of the characters in this would most likely feel the same way.

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:58 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
Well,it looks like "Weird Japan" has struck again,making a theme song that,if someone did it in this country would have people like Gloria Steinem up in arms,picketing the studio and screaming their offense over that song to the entire planet. I doubt that a song like that would be done here these days,except in the gangster rap precincts. I'd probably feel embarrassed if I sung that song. Probably Scott Freeman,the English voice of one of the character in this would most likely feel the same way.

Lol, no need to be such a mood killer. You know this was intended to be funny, right? And who are you to talk like that? I should remind you things just as weird have come out of America before *cough*twerking*cough*. Nobody told you to sing the song, it is a joke. Even loyal fans would not sing this themselves.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:35 am Reply with quote
Sorry,_Cyphon_. I guess I don't always get the joke. I didn't mean to kill the mood.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
Sorry,_Cyphon_. I guess I don't always get the joke. I didn't mean to kill the mood.

Eh, don't worry about it. People argue over this show all the time.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

come on now, it should be blinding obvious that he is referring to Kuki Kaji here

Josh isn't even in High School DxD. Scott Freeman voices Issei in English

well that's either an alias or they (funimation) changed VA for season 2. cause i bought season 2's Blue Ray Edition and in the credits it had him as issei.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:13 pm Reply with quote
then someone goofed. Scott and Josh are not the same person and there were no cast changes
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
that might be the case that someone at funi made a screw up since that Blue ray i have is one i got at day one.

i am a die hard dub pursuit and would prefer to watch it over the sub version (the only exceptions are series that got hacked up towards the point that their kid friendly like pokemon and others). and i would have noticed if there was any dub changes.

while i admit i didn't paid attention to the casting for season one when i watched in on their website, i definitely did for season two since jamie both had a part in the ADR scripting & voiced as rias(and got the best voice actress award during that year).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2