• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece Manga Takes 1-Week Break [2015-07-16]

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:22 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
the anime is catching up...

given how the manga keep getting break...

will they do recap episodes too? or ad even more fillers in each episode??

What Toei is currently doing is having a half-chapter or two-thirds-chapter episode every now and then. Some of them are as dreadful as that sounds, but some of the writers are pretty good at making proverbial lemonade.
Sunset In the Hood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:36 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

What Toei is currently doing is having a half-chapter or two-thirds-chapter episode every now and then. Some of them are as dreadful as that sounds, but some of the writers are pretty good at making proverbial lemonade.

I thought One Pieces Manga was draggy but the anime is gonna be hell to go through without marathoning. Geez, can't Toei take a breather and stop making Pierrot mistakes like letting animation and story go down the drain because of wanting to keep their prime time slot.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:00 am Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
theNightster wrote:
Wandering Samurai wrote:
This chapter was pretty packed. Also when Oda takes a break he usually comes back with a killer chapter to get the fans excited again. I'll have to put up with Bleach only for this upcoming week but the wait is well worth it. I'd rather he take breaks than go on a long hiatus like *cough cough* some other artist I've heard of.

why do you even keep reading Bleach if you don't like it? I'd rather read Bleach then Naruto(thank god it's all over) or Fairy tail any day of the week, besides Shonen Jump had plenty of other manga at the moment that's not "big 3"

Bleach has its up and down moments. It's more fun to read the comments about more rabid Bleach fans complaining about it than myself. I hold Bleach to a lower standard than One Piece because of where the series has been going with the current arc.

well personally I think the current arc is over all good, there's some downs no doubt but Kubo raised the stakes with this war which I like.
chex mix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:20 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

Just wait until they get to the spoiler[ push the birdcage] chapters. Razz
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I have no idea how they're going to approach those.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2