• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime's English Video Reveals Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:46 am Reply with quote
Gamlin wrote:
Strange that a rock band with wolf heads are performing a Gundam Theme song. Weird enough they performed the theme song of the Hentai Kamen film.

Their also the guys behind "Database" from Log Horizon and "Seven Deadly Sins" from Nanatsu no Taizai. I can assure you that if you put them on an action anime they will deliver a kickass op. They may look weird, but they are damn amazing so no need to worry:)
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:29 am Reply with quote
Biscuit Griffon? God I love the Gundam franchises naming choices sometimes.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:45 am Reply with quote
Art looks great and the music sounds great. I'm getting a 8th MS team vibe from this, and that's really good.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
MOTHER F'IN Yoshimasa Hosoya(Kojo Akatsuki, Reiji Akaba, and Akari Hizamaru!, etc.) is in this.

"Ride Mass"

spoiler[Innovator]

"Eugene Seven Stark"

Eugene is the 7th. Glad a certain R R isnt involved with this series.

DarkFusion wrote:
Story premise kind of reminds me of Zone of the Enders

You beat me to it.[/img]
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:48 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Glad a certain R R isnt involved with this series

If they are drawing influence from Tomino's take on character death like most Gundam shows do then I'd go in expecting George R.R. Martin style bodycount myself.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
im getting a bad vibe from this, the art style looks kinda ... simple or childish, in my experience this kind of art style wont be higher than pg13 and if gundam isnt higher than that its usually boring for me, gundam wing i think was an exception though so i'll just have to wait till the actual episode comes out but im not holding my breath

I don't think any gundam would get higher than pg13. Gundam isn't made just for adults. They're all trying for that younger audience as well.

GracieLizzy wrote:
If they are drawing influence from Tomino's take on character death like most Gundam shows do then I'd go in expecting George R.R. Martin style bodycount myself.

That makes so little sense that I'm not sure if you mean characters never die or basically everyone dies. Your GoT reference makes me think you meant the latter, but even Tomino himself only did that twice which is less than half of his own series. However the trend in most Gundams is that the vast, vast majority of important good characters live.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

I don't think any gundam would get higher than pg13. Gundam isn't made just for adults. They're all trying for that younger audience as well.

the gundam seed and 00 series were all pg 16 and i loved them far more compared to any of the other gundams(despite their now obvious holes), the other gundam series definitely entertained me but i never really 'loved' them
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:27 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
That makes so little sense that I'm not sure if you mean characters never die or basically everyone dies. Your GoT reference makes me think you meant the latter, but even Tomino himself only did that twice which is less than half of his own series. However the trend in most Gundams is that the vast, vast majority of important good characters live.

Never heard the term Kill 'Em All Tomino? It's more associated with Space Run Away Ideon but just look at stuff like the deaths in stuff like Victory Gundam and Zeta Gundam and heck even Turn A has the spoiler[implied suffocation of Cancer and Muron].
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Getting a 00 feel...which is very good!
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing I want 08th and Victory vibe. Muhaha!
#sukkar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:

the gundam seed and 00 series were all pg 16 and i loved them far more compared to any of the other gundams(despite their now obvious holes), the other gundam series definitely entertained me but i never really 'loved' them

Dude.

They aired at, like, 5/6:30 in the afternoon in Japan in an anime prime time slot. For the last decade or so they've traditionally aired during a time frame most seen as being for family viewing anime. Those shows cast a glossy, mainstream net and were by no means "pg 16".
god45

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote
#sukkar wrote:
Calsolum wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:

Dude.

They aired at, like, 5/6:30 in the afternoon in Japan in an anime prime time slot. For the last decade or so they've traditionally aired during a time frame most seen as being for family viewing anime. Those shows cast a glossy, mainstream net and were by no means "pg 16".
he is confused with the north american time-slot in Canada they were PG-16 this gundam anime most likely would have gotten the same rating if it came here
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:02 pm Reply with quote
DarkFusion wrote:

you two huh? glad i'm not the only one that had thought of that similarity. however it feels more like aldnoah zero than ZOE Delores or Idalo .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:26 am Reply with quote
@god45

I'm not too familiar with how the Japanese choose to air it so yes I was using the Canadian rating that was attached to it.

that said it's a bit surprising that Gundam seed and 00 were "family" rated but I guess that a culture difference.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
DarkFusion wrote:

you two huh? glad i'm not the only one that had thought of that similarity. however it feels more like aldnoah zero than ZOE Delores or Idalo .

If it turns out bad, we can only hope it surpasses AZ in being batshit insane bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3