• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Games' Latest Videos Reveal 2 New Formes for Zygarde

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:45 am Reply with quote
They'll obviously reveal more or the game as the months go by it makes very little sense to reveal so much of the game in so little time. Especially in this era of people ironically complaining about TMI when it comes to reveals, leaks, previews, & trailers and the like.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
@Juno016

I agree with most of your points! I've never been particularly excited about new features myself, they're just the strawberry on the cake - a new region and drove of new Pokemon usually does it, and going in I expect nothing more. Still, the only new feature this region has is RotomDex, so there goes my strawberry. In addition, I don't like the new overworld sprites and the starters look like circus animals.

In contrast the other regions like Sinnoh and Unova were very interesting solely for their geographical palatability and the Pokemon themselves that fit so well. Haven't seen any John Doe Pokemon yet, whereas in XY we had Furfrou or Skiddo. but I'm holding out. Wink
TheConqueror

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:21 am Reply with quote
Some people will never be satisfied. When TPC reveal too much, the majority of people say we want some mystery going into the game, we don't want to know everything. Now they are not revealing much and people are still complaining.

let's not forget that it has been announced we will get Sun and Moon gameplay footage at E3 on tuesday.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:52 pm Reply with quote
XerneasYveltal wrote:
So it is pretty clear that the anime showcased both formes in advance before bringing them over to the games.

Yeah, that's what I had in mind too--this isn't much of an announcement when the anime has already revealed them both.

Both Zygarde forms also exist in the Generation VI games and are even in Pokémon Picross. It feels like someone forgot to announce Zygarde 10% and Zygarde Complete until now.

JDude042 wrote:
On another note, I'm guessing that Strange Souvenir item from X & Y will finally get put to use in Sun & Moon, considering the item looks like some sort of Tiki Idol, which fits in with the Hawaiian theme, and the NPC that gives it to you said he came from a new region that hasn't been in any previous games. Either that, or it was just put in as an Easter egg, just to subtly hint towards the next new region in the main series games.

Huh, never even thought of that. They really do think forward.

Lostlorn Forest wrote:
@Juno016

I agree with most of your points! I've never been particularly excited about new features myself, they're just the strawberry on the cake - a new region and drove of new Pokemon usually does it, and going in I expect nothing more. Still, the only new feature this region has is RotomDex, so there goes my strawberry. In addition, I don't like the new overworld sprites and the starters look like circus animals.

Well, for Popplio, that was intentional, and that's why I'm picking it.
TamenishDragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Personally I'm more pumped for Pokemon Go and it's refreshing style of gameplay.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:23 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

I concur, mostly for his unpopularity and goofy appearance. He's definitely going to be the next Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin. Smile
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Lostlorn Forest wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:

I concur, mostly for his unpopularity and goofy appearance. He's definitely going to be the next Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin. Smile

I'm not a fan of Ashimari/Popplio, but Pocchama/Piplup, Mijumaru/Oshawott, and Harimaron/Chespin are my favorite starters of the past three regions. Don't be picking on them. =P
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2