• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Keijo!!!!!!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
nitpick, but it's crunchyroll, not funi providing the subtitles. regardless of intentions, I think its hilarious and is thematically consistent with the previous terminology we've seen in the show. I look forward to hearing it shouted in English in a couple weeks

I always thought it was Funi since they were the ones who licensed it and Crunchy just streamed it since theyre working together
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:19 pm Reply with quote
with their partnership, both of them have licensed it. I think. not entirely sure how this is working. putting that aside, that makes it very obvious that funi is not subbing this is the lack of double em dashes. there aren't any, and every show they have that I've seen has them. also the whole we are no longer subbing most shows, just hosting dubs
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
My understanding of the CR/Funi deal is that Crunchyroll is responsible for subtitling and Funimation is responsible for dubbing. Since I never watch dubs, I dropped my Funimation subscription and now only pay for Crunchyroll.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:17 am Reply with quote
So I left off this series right around the turnip training so I could let a few eps come out and binge them, and I'm happy I did, got to see a lot of fun stuff.

Although, as far as nozomi's skill of copying other techniques, I would have thought they would have used shiro's ability from fate/stay night as he copied stuff while gate of Babylon had the originals. They could have even called it unlimited butt works or something.

But I will admit that eps 9 and 10 had my literally laughing out loud in multiple moments, and that's pretty damn rare for anime these days, probably because a lot of humor these days is pretty predictable. I was not expecting the nipple judo throw or gate of bootylon heh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
ep 11,

Wow, this show does not hold back when it comes to but and boob techniques. Everything from the combining mode to the quickdraw gazongas had me cracking up.

Seems like the anime skipped over quite a bit of the manga, guess they wanted to hit all the major scenes, because the anime has covered over 80 manga chapters so far in 11 episodes.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
yep, it skipped the introductory arc and went right to the school one.
fathergoat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
This show just gets more insane with every episode and I love it. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Buttack on Titan Smile This can can make fun of anything.
Wow at that transformation Maya did at the end.
Looking forward to the next episode.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Honestly I'm a bit disappointed by Maya technique, it's essentially just "magic" whereas every body else until now had some sort of explanation for the zany stuff they do, which was half the fun, here it's really just "yup she can use magic, was born with it".

It also doesn't make for that interesting a fight, they just kept butbutting each others...

The combination was hilarious though, kinda lame it was finished with so fast.

BTW didn't Maya just cheated when she kicked the floor and a piece broke and hit Nozomi? That's not far remove from just straight up wielding the wooden piece as weapon. I mean, if you can't even catch a teammate with your hands, using piece of woods on your opponent would be a big no-no.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
technically tshe only kicked the land, that's not forbidden nozomi herself did the same thing when she kicked the land to splash water on the other girl.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:02 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
technically tshe only kicked the land, that's not forbidden nozomi herself did the same thing when she kicked the land to splash water on the other girl.

Right but then a piece broke and hit her opponent. So for example the participant can still clearly use there hands for stuff (say touch the land for balance reason) so what's stopping someone from picking up the wood piece that just hit Nozomi and wielding it like a club? Or say if somebody kicked the piece of wood to hurt an opponent, would that be ok?
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I should know better than questioning keijo's logic, but i wish they were more consistent or at least explicit about the rules, what is and is not allowed? even if only with butts and boob, hits to the face are indeed allowed so why is the magician girl allowed to wear a mask? her own protection aside it can result in injuries to her opponent. further in, this is a bodily contact based sport in which slipping can result in losing so why is she allowed to apply a lubricant in her body? she did it to reflect light but that doesnt change the fact that she oiled herself up, how is that not cheating?
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:45 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Honestly I'm a bit disappointed by Maya technique, it's essentially just "magic" whereas every body else until now had some sort of explanation for the zany stuff they do, which was half the fun, here it's really just "yup she can use magic, was born with it".

It also doesn't make for that interesting a fight, they just kept butbutting each others...

The combination was hilarious though, kinda lame it was finished with so fast.

BTW didn't Maya just cheated when she kicked the floor and a piece broke and hit Nozomi? That's not far remove from just straight up wielding the wooden piece as weapon. I mean, if you can't even catch a teammate with your hands, using piece of woods on your opponent would be a big no-no.

Actually I wouldnt consider Qigong magic but rather chi and its a real thing. Think Dragon ball. Theres a difference between chi and magic.

@ #844391 Its Kazane who copies others not Nozomi
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:54 pm Reply with quote
MiloTheFirst wrote:
I should know better than questioning keijo's logic, but i wish they were more consistent or at least explicit about the rules, what is and is not allowed? even if only with butts and boob, hits to the face are indeed allowed so why is the magician girl allowed to wear a mask? her own protection aside it can result in injuries to her opponent. further in, this is a bodily contact based sport in which slipping can result in losing so why is she allowed to apply a lubricant in her body? she did it to reflect light but that doesnt change the fact that she oiled herself up, how is that not cheating?

She also brought a bunch of card into the arena, which are definitely foreign object, I doubt that's okay too.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:05 am Reply with quote
spoiler[she wears that mask even when not in keijo matches so its basically part of her regular attire in addition to her magician gimmick. actually you'll probably see it next ep]

And as far as I know the only rules that matter is that : No part of the body aside from the feet should touch the land, using any other part of the body besides breasts and butts to attack opponents is illegal. As for the cards thing she didn't use them in the match anyway and as for damaging the land there are engineers/technicians/repairmen for that. Their school is supposed to be co-ed with males being trained for that express purpose. The anime just removed that concept entirely since it only wants to focus on the action and comedy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12