• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Switch Sells 500,000 Units in Japan 3 Weeks Faster Than PS4

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manapear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm so proud of how the Switch has done, and happy for Nintendo. It has sold really well for the time of year it was released; especially since it's not being sold for a loss.

I hope the sales continue, and I can't wait to see how it does once Splatoon comes out. Hopefully they'll have a better lock on the supply by then. It certainly exceeded estimated popularity already though, and that's a good sign~.

Honestly though? I'm more surprised by how well BotW has been doing in Japan. I wonder if we'll start seeing the Switch version of DQ11 rise in the ranks. Maybe after April 11th.
OtakunX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
0nsen wrote:
Has it outsold the Wii U already? Because from the Wii U we already know how many Nintendrones are out there, buying everything with the name Nintendo on it.

Because God forbid we celebrate the fact that an innovative video game console has succeeded in an uncertain market.

What?! Since when has a tablet with unnecessarily complex controllers that barely work innovative? The Switch is just an Nvidia shield tablet with wiimotes on the side. lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2