• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Announces Simuldub Premiere Dates

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Good to see Citrus, Death March, and Katana Maidens on the list though I was also hoping for a dub of A Place Further Than the Universe
RoamFree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quote
SnowWarren wrote:
Robert McCollum might reprise Yukito from Tsubasa as well as Eric Vale reprising Toya. Their voices were OK. Greg Ayres might be interesting as Kero, but can he do the deeper voice of Keroberos? They might choose an actor who could do both.

Cherry-picking the best voices from the Tsubasa Eng Dub sounds great. As for Kero's true form, they might cast someone else to do that role because even in his lower register (Lutz from Jormungand) he wouldn't be able to capture it well. J. Michael Tatum (Sebastian from Black Butler) or Christopher Sabat (Alexander 'Louis' Armstrong from FMA) can definitely bring out that deep majestic growl while also delivering funny lines in a humorous tone.

Last edited by RoamFree on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm Reply with quote
The wait for the CCS Dub is unreal, I have been waiting literal YEARSSSS for a redub of the series since 2000, now all we need is a Toonami dub debut!
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:10 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
The wait for the CCS Dub is unreal, I have been waiting literal YEARSSSS for a redub of the series since 2000, now all we need is a Toonami dub debut!

This is just the Clear Card arc, it doesn't mean the original series will be redubbed any time soon. It's a good way to test the waters though.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for most of these to start especially DK2, Citrus, Overlord, and Franxxx. Speaking of Franxxx since they are releasing it late after the others they must be trying to go all out with this one.

Edit: Now we wait on the cast announcements.

For Citrus I could see Jamie Marchi voicing either of the leads since she has experience with both types of characters, but If not I got:

Mei: Michelle Rojas or Jennie Tirado
Yuzu: Bryn Appril or Jill Harris
Harumi: Jad Saxton
Himeko: Sarah Widenheft or Leah Clark
Matsuri: Tia Ballard
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 pm Reply with quote
sailorsweeper wrote:
Now I wait to see who plays Sakura in the Funimation dub because I doubt they will use the cast from the second movie.

Michelle Rojas is working on the show, so it'll be a Texas cast.

This Tweet may or may not be related.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Caitlin Glass, Monica Rial, AND Natalie Hoover? I don't what this is but its getting watched.
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
I'm hoping the bottom of their blog post is serious about more announcements because I don't see Saiki K. season two on there.
Honestly with all the Saiki stuff they have been posting on their twitter for the last month I would be very shocked if they dont.

All the Saiki posts have been because of the home video release last month, so that might just be a coincidence, but to be honest, it's the one simuldub I've been waiting for, so I'm getting anxious about it.

-Marc.
coolkidpiccolo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:40 am Reply with quote
Even the new Basilisk anime is getting a broadcast dub. It will be a miracle if Troy Baker and Laura Bailey will accept their character reprisals. But looking at their popular status now... NO CHANCE!
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:09 am Reply with quote
Hope FUNimation will at least make the Cardcaptor Sakura dub available for free users on their website.

Primus wrote:
sailorsweeper wrote:
Now I wait to see who plays Sakura in the Funimation dub because I doubt they will use the cast from the second movie.

Michelle's photos of Tomoyo make me think she might be voicing her. And if that second pic is related, looks like Monica is reprising as Sakura.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:16 am Reply with quote
"FranXX" is my most anticipated simuldub this season.
kh_gal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:30 am Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Hope FUNimation will at least make the Cardcaptor Sakura dub available for free users on their website.

Primus wrote:
sailorsweeper wrote:

Michelle's photos of Tomoyo make me think she might be voicing her. And if that second pic is related, looks like Monica is reprising as Sakura.

I know...my worst fears are confirmed. I love all four of those ladies to death, great actors, but their voices do not naturally suit any of the characters. Caitlin is a great director and from the looks of it she must be directing so I have High hopes. Michelle hasn’t directed a show before so she may just be involved in casting.

Please Funimation for the love of Pete get different talent for this show. Judging by those teeets Natalie either plays Sakura (maybe even Tomoyo) or is the assistant ADR director, which would leave Monica (unfortunately) as Sakura. Nothing against them personally I just imagine different voices. I met all of them in person and they’re super nice though, and they definitely deserve it.

Sadly there’s no way they’ll get child actors for this show like they did with Cardcaptors because they have to get veterans to meet the simuldub schedule. I guess we’ll have to see.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 am Reply with quote
Michelle is just on ADR prep for Cardcaptors. every season she tweets what she is working on while getting the script prepared for each ep. Last season it was Kings Game and Dies Irae. This season its Cardcaptors and Basilisk. It doesn't means she's in those shows
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

So its Fafner 2.0 if that's true. That's extremely dissapointing. Makes me wonder if they even bothered to contact any of the cast members from either the Ocean dub or the LA dub. If its anything like the Fafner or Escaflowne dubs, the answer's probably no.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:01 am Reply with quote
They have those pesky non-disclosure agreements those VA sign until a cast announcement has been made or they have been given the nod to talk about it. So, how does putting those tweets not necessarily violate NDAs? Sure, the photo with the 3 lovely ladies is merely hinting. However, it definitely could put the VA in hot water. Michelles' tweets are practically announcing "I'm playing Tomoyo" in not-so many words.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3