• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime character guessing game w/ pics (Rules->1st post).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rti9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:03 am Reply with quote
Furudanuki wrote:
The sheer size of the thread makes it daunting for any new players as well.

This was a pretty good argument to start a new thread. Just keep a link to each past round on every first post so that anyone interested can reach them easily. It would be nice to keep this scoreboard. Having two would be confusing.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote
I agree, a new thread would probably be best.

And I am sad to have missed Miwako, it's been awhile since there was a character who I recognized immediately used (or at all, for that matter Razz).
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
I vote for starting a new thread every three months, starting with today's posts (moderator→split). That way people who don't frequent this thread will know too that 'hey, new round, new prizes, new chances'. Except for the prizes of course.

I agree with the reasons for needed a new thread instead of simply a second round in this one, but along with a mod-split, Jetz should copy and re-post the first post again in the new thread, with the rules.

edit:typo

Last edited by bonbonsrus on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
jetz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quote
I will start a new thread as soon as I get permission from abunai (or other mods who see this Wink ). I just want to make sure that it's okay first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Wild guess: it's spoiler[Shimada Kambei, from Samurai 7].

Nope.

First clue (sorry guys, I just got up ^_^;;): spoiler[This guy has two kids who look almost exactly like him and who get far more screentime than he does.]

Couldn't we just ask a mod to split off the new round posts into a new thread? They can do that, right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Yoh's dad from Shaman King.] Is that good enough, or do I need a proper name?

Edit: Wiki'ed for precise given name: spoiler[Mikihisa Asakura]
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
spoiler[Yoh's dad from Shaman King] Is that good enough, or do I need a proper name?

I'll accept it. I think he's only actually adressed as 'Mikihisa' like, twice in the whole anime anyway.

Your turn!
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo!

Because that seemed like an easy one to me, I'll go with an easy picture two. And, as it's been said before, this thread needs more fanservice.

Zewerr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
So, if we create a new thread, do all the characters used get reset? It seems like it would make it harder to keep track of who's been used before for newcomers.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Asaba Hideaki from Kare Kano,] showing off his manly chest...
Boomerang Flash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Zewerr wrote:
So, if we create a new thread, do all the characters used get reset? It seems like it would make it harder to keep track of who's been used before for newcomers.

There was never any rule for any player to check whether a character has been used. The only disadvantage for using an already used character is that it would be easier to recognize for old players, but this is impossible to eliminate regardless of whether the record was officially reset.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Boomerang Flash wrote:
Zewerr wrote:

There was never any rule for any player to check whether a character has been used. The only disadvantage for using an already used character is that it would be easier to recognize for old players, but this is impossible to eliminate regardless of whether the record was officially reset.

We've had duplicates anyway. Yuko Okonogi from Denno Coil, Haruhi from OHSHC, Maiko Kaji from Hataraki Man, Anita King from R.O.D., Chocolate Muillere from Sugar Sugar Rune, Misuzu Itsukushima from Aquarian Age Sage, The Black Swordsman from Comedy, Higuchi Kimiko from Gunbuster, Kekko Kamen from Takahashi Mayumi, Sayaka Yumi from Mazinger Z, Jane Buxton from Patapata Hikousen no Bouken, Ihrie from Ruin Explorers, Jin from Seirei no Moribito, Gabriel from Star Ocean Ex (The first post was yours Boomerangflash, so you guessed it the second time around), Madoka Mido from Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko, Shuranosuke Sakaki from Sword for Truth and Minamo Aoi from Real Drive were all duplicated. Haruhi was done 3 times if you go back to when the minigames could be characters. All told 17 characters, or a little over 2% of the pictures, were duplicates.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
You actually kept track of that? Anime dazed
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:

Awww, why did I go away and miss the easy one...
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:

Confirmed.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 411 of 412