• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daily Links: Code Geass, Ghibli Exhibit, File-Sharing

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote
So the p2p seems to be safe in general for the uploaders, phew. Also, Code Geass seems like it will have an okay dub, too bad Bandai isn't releasing the show until later, which seems like a poor idea.
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:25 am Reply with quote
Kazuo Umezu's House looked pretty cool. And while I'm sure it's crazy for Japan it didn't look all that crazy just kind of kooky. I thought it was kind of cute. And damn that guy looks good for his age.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:42 am Reply with quote
I’m literally 5 minutes away from where that big cosplay event is due to take place as I type this. I have a short meeting with a tutor at 11, but I plan to try and see some of it.

UPDATE:
Just got back. There were quite a few cosplayers there (nothing that I would expect to break any records), but I couldn't see many anime characters.
I anyone wants I could upload the low-quality photos and video I took, but there were quite a few camera crews there already. All the cosplayers piled into The Sun's open top bus as I left.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Also, Code Geass seems like it will have an okay dub, too bad Bandai isn't releasing the show until later, which seems like a poor idea.

Unless it's being released direct-to-boxset, which would make it a very good idea.
melonbread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Something world renowned happening in the UK? Unbelievable.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote
melonbread wrote:

World renowned? They certainly tried.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
melonbread wrote:

World renowned? They certainly tried.

I'm assuming from those pictures that they didn't even come close to a world record? Laughing
Maybe they would've had a better chance if they held this event at a game convention, that way cosplayers can show up for more than just a world record breaking event.
hogkill3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:42 am Reply with quote
Woot!

Not that I'm going to watch the dub, but I'm glad Bandai has the distribution rights. Quite frankly they are the only company I trust. Even though it affected Karin (which I was buying at the time) I was still pretty happy to hear Geneon stopped subbing. That company was terrible.

I just hope they include 5.1 japanese when they start releasing the DVDs. If they keep it in stereo I might not buy them. The last Bandai DVD I bought had 5.1 tracks for english and japanese but the earlier ones did not. Let's hope they keep the new trend up with Code Geass because it's such an awesome show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1