• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network Has No Plans for One Piece's Return

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dramatis Personae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 am Reply with quote
Cain Highwind wrote:
stopher87 wrote:
Good. I never liked there dub anyway.

Wow! What's YOUR problem, anyway? I could go into great detail what's wrong with that way of thinking, but I'm lazy and it's late.

Wow...someone has an opinion that differs from yours. "HOW DARE HE/SHE!"
Mindless Watcher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:38 am Reply with quote
American dubbing industry strikes successfully against pirates.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quote
Mindless Watcher wrote:
That is so wrong on so many levels.

First, it's a bad joke.

Second, Funimation saved the license, something all the fans of the show who actually care about the people making it should be happy about (nothing says you care like helping to keep the creators financially stable.)

Third, this has to do with the network far more than the dubbing studio. Cartoon Network has a habit of not rerunning One Piece and of failing to properly explain what a series' status actually is. Most likely, when there are more episodes ready to go, they'll run them. If they've decided not to, it's likely because the ratings are still low, which would be the fans' fault.

Fourth, the reason why they ran out of Skypiea episodes so quickly is because Funimation is doing what the fans asked and releasing the early episodes first. Way to say thank you. Rolling Eyes
braves

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:

Mindless Watcher wrote:

Way to say thank you. Rolling Eyes

I have a question for you, Richard J. Did you notice what his user name is? Wink Laughing

You made excellent points, but I had to point that out. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Mindless Watcher wrote:
That is so wrong on so many levels.

First, it's a bad joke.

Second, Funimation saved the license, something all the fans of the show who actually care about the people making it should be happy about (nothing says you care like helping to keep the creators financially stable.)

Third, this has to do with the network far more than the dubbing studio. Cartoon Network has a habit of not rerunning One Piece and of failing to properly explain what a series' status actually is. Most likely, when there are more episodes ready to go, they'll run them. If they've decided not to, it's likely because the ratings are still low, which would be the fans' fault.

Fourth, the reason why they ran out of Skypiea episodes so quickly is because Funimation is doing what the fans asked and releasing the early episodes first. Way to say thank you. Rolling Eyes

Exately said, though i wouldn't say the series was saved.It was ruined from the start thanks to those fansubs and ilegal downloads.Sure the 4kids dubs gives some blame for the US low down but i liked them.Even got the're versions on DVD for my baby cousin cause he liked it though His mother complianed that the new ones were too violent now.I also heard some rumors that the series got blocked by some homes cause parents complained of the increase of violence and that blackbeard saying "crap" on epsiode 107-108. I wouldn't be susprised that the parental advocate watchdog put a spoof of them or the death note series on their TVboss.org commercials. so in my view it's kinda better off that the series should stay like with case closed and remain as a DVD only feature.Because of fansubbers and complains on 4kids messing up the series,it may be too late to save it for TV vewiers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MandaChan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:58 am Reply with quote
Okay for starters, it just ticks me off that they went and got rid of one of the best (if not the best) anime ever. All of its' replacements so far, have been absolutely horrible and low in ratings. Bakugan is just a cheap immitiation of Yu-Gi-Oh GX. And Blue Dragon, was basicaly the creator's first piece of work with younger characters and a speedier story line. Naruto does not deserve two or three time slots. It's story line has gone completely down hill and the fillers are not even worth watching. The story of Naruto repeats it's self over and over again(leave the village-go on a mission-save a friend-learn a lesson) while One Piece just gets better and better and the fillers and movies are absolutely amazing. It's cancelation is dissapointing to say in the least. From what I have watched of the Funimation dubs on youtube, it's far more violent than Naruto and has explict language. It could atleast be put on Adult Swim, to save Cartoonnetwork from canceling it again or replacing it with cheap immitation anime. But then again, Adult Swim constantly cancels and moves around it's anime for their ridiculous comedy shows. (Guess we'll all buy the dvds then)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
6 months have passed. You're too late.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4