• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Encyclopedia *NOT WORKING*

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:22 am Reply with quote
hi,

just letting you know since there is no contact email on this damn site im posting this ! i go here for that list of titles and now its not working so well can some one fix it soon ?

well thats all.

please fix soon !

-Josh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:29 am Reply with quote
Two things:

1. If you look under "About ANN" you'll see a heading that reads "Contact us."

2. There is a forum here dedicated to the Encyclopedia where you probably would have been better of posting this.

Other than that the Encyc is working just fine for me.

Hope that helps.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:06 am Reply with quote
I had the same problem with Netscape this evening, but it's working fine in Internet Explorer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:11 am Reply with quote
Josh wrote:
hi,

just letting you know since there is no contact email on this damn site im posting this ! i go here for that list of titles and now its not working so well can some one fix it soon ?

well thats all.

please fix soon !

-Josh

Dear Josh,

Are you F*cking blind? (My rules, I can break them).

1) Generally one would expect to find an e-mail address under "contact us." So yes, this damn site does have e-mail addresses on it, did you not see it?

2) We have a forum called "Bugs & Technical Questions" and another called "Encyclopedia." Did you not see either of these obviously better places to post your technical problem with the encyclopedia?

3) And did you also not see our rules when you registered? One of which says "we expect proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation." Proper English grammar requires capitals, these are achieved on a keyboard by using a 'shift key', there should be one on each end of your alpha-numeric keyboard. Can you see it?

Next time you want help try 1) being polite 2) posting in the right place and 3) following our rules.

All this is kinda moot though since Josh is now banned. I didn't ban him *just* for this, but I looked at his posts and they are complete and utter garbage.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:33 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I had the same problem with Netscape this evening, but it's working fine in Internet Explorer.

What version of netscape? What page?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:47 pm Reply with quote
This is strange. Ever since yesterday, I can never check an Encylopedia listing unless I'm logged in.

Everytime I look things up now, every title seems to bring up a blank page unless I do so. Shocked

I use Internet Explorer, but... anyway, this is just weird. I wanted to get this out.
Eric

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
This is strange. Ever since yesterday, I can never check an Encylopedia listing unless I'm logged in.

Everytime I look things up now, every title seems to bring up a blank page unless I do so.

That is exactly the problem I was experiencing until I decided to register to see if that would help anything. As It turns out, it did help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for backing me up. And welcome to the forum Eric-san! Wink
Julia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'm in the same boat......... unless I am logged in I can not read some of the pages in the Encyclopedia. I'm curious if this is just a glitch or a permanate thing.

Thanks befor hand for the help.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Could someone post a list of pages that are blank when not logged on? I'm browsing the encyc when not logged on and everything* seems to be fine. Ihave no doubt that this problem exists, I'm just having trouble replicating it.

As I undestand it, it happens in IE as well as Netscape, right? This isn't somehting limited only to one browser?

-t

*Everything except the rating pages, as mentionned n the previous thread.
Ranma Saotome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

Everytime I look things up now, every title seems to bring up a blank page unless I do so. Shocked

I use Internet Explorer, but... anyway, this is just weird. I wanted to get this out.

Ditto here,and I also use IE.For some entries,it works fine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lina_Gabriev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Ditto here as well.

I use IE 6.0, and have noticed that if I click (under Encyclopedia) anime -> letter -> series, the page is blank when I'm not logged in. However, if I follow a link from elsewhere (google or some such) the page appears fine when I'm not logged in. When I'm logged in it all works fine.

Dunno if this helps or not.

Last edited by Lina_Gabriev on Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I tried it out. Specifically:
anime#1371

I logged out and clicked around for a bit. This page came up blank. Hope that helps a bit more Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
rage-demon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Same here. I tried Cassandra's example and a few others. Some pages would be blank such as

anime#1140

anime#2024

However some pages like these two worked fine

anime#3435

anime#119

**edit** fixed my links

Last edited by rage-demon on Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Could someone post a list of pages that are blank when not logged on? I'm browsing the encyc when not logged on and everything* seems to be fine. Ihave no doubt that this problem exists, I'm just having trouble replicating it.

As I undestand it, it happens in IE as well as Netscape, right? This isn't somehting limited only to one browser?

Akira (movie) anime#375

Angel Links (TV) anime#1

Azumanga Daioh (TV) anime#799

Berserk (TV) anime#328

Cowboy Bebop (TV) anime#13

Almost any Mobile Suit Gundam title:
Mobile Fighter G Gundam (TV) anime#299

Mobile Suit Gundam (TV) anime#46

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (OAV) anime#22

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (OAV) anime#23

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (TV) anime#883

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing (TV) anime#26

Mobile Suit 08th MS Team (OAV) anime#24, but the movie works

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (TV) anime#24

It's strange. It does this on my home PC and on this library computer at school. It never did this until about Saturday night, for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2