• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I have a question...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura-san

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:01 am Reply with quote
Could anyone of you tell me where could i buy manga Question Question Embarassed And if it really cost that much Question Question Laughing
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:12 am Reply with quote
I've never bought manga, but this might help if you don't mind ordering online.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6962

And welcome to the forums!
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:10 am Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN!

If your looking for places to purchase manga, try soem of these stores.

Suncoast
Borders
Walden-Books

and if your looking to order online, you can do no better then this!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/4366/ref=br_bh_1_ch/103-3557809-1847053
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:07 am Reply with quote
If you don't want to purchase just yet, your local library might have some manga titles that you can borrow.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Jinchuu wrote:
Welcome to ANN!

Suncoast
Borders
Walden-Books

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/4366/ref=br_bh_1_ch/103-3557809-1847053

Not even... for brand new manga? I'm gonna plug this store for shopping online, especially since you can earn points towards future purchases. Check out Animeten.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Jinchuu wrote:
Welcome to ANN!

Suncoast
Borders
Walden-Books

Not even... for brand new manga? I'm gonna plug this store for shopping online, especially since you can earn points towards future purchases. Check out Animeten.

Funny thing about animeten is that they're based in Rosemead CA (small down in suburb of Los Angeles). Same town as that I live in. Too bad they don't have a store that I can browse in. I say the only downside to animeten is the shipping since I can't buy it at the store.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I'd think it'd be best for Abel to answer here, but I believe anything they carry, they will put on the site... and I think they allow for you to make an appointment for pick-up which would save you on shipping. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Abel

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:43 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Funny thing about animeten is that they're based in Rosemead CA (small down in suburb of Los Angeles). Same town as that I live in. Too bad they don't have a store that I can browse in. I say the only downside to animeten is the shipping since I can't buy it at the store.

DarkHunter, you could always stop by if you wish. Let us know by email or phone (626-280-3414) when you want to stop by and we will be happy to accommodate you. Due to PMX a lot of our inventory is going out tomorrow however after PMX we will be available. Shortly after we also expect to get a lot more import items since so much is coming out between now and the 6th.

If you ever seen anything on the site please feel free to order it and choose will call as your shipping option. This way you can pick it up, browse and never have to pay for shipping.

If you have any questions please feel free to private msg me or email me. Anime smile

Abel-still scanning doujinshi.
Abel

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Sakura-san wrote:
Could anyone of you tell me where could i buy manga Question Question Embarassed And if it really cost that much Question Question Laughing

Sakura-san, What type of manga are you looking for? English translated or original Japanese? If you are interested in English translated we could be an option to you if you wish. We do ship to the Philippines and if you like, you could even email us in Tagalo.

If you are interested in Japanese manga might I recommend Amazon Japan as their shipping might not be as expensive to the Philippines (being closer).
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quote
Abel wrote:
If you are interested in Japanese manga might I recommend Amazon Japan as their shipping might not be as expensive to the Philippines (being closer).

Not to mention Japanese manga (i.e. the import stuff rather than domesticly translated) is often cheaper and therefore a better alternative if you can understand the language.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abel

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:04 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Not to mention Japanese manga (i.e. the import stuff rather than domesticly translated) is often cheaper and therefore a better alternative if you can understand the language.

Funny how it's the opposite of how it is in Japan. Affordable manga, high prices for media. Here cheap media (yet fans still complain about the prices) and higher cost manga.
Sakura-san

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:18 am Reply with quote
yeah... i'm looking for an english translated manga! and why not... you do ship in here, right? how much does it cost, anyway?
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:54 am Reply with quote
Cool, I'll be able to keep up to date with my Naruto, Kenshin, One Piece, GTO manga collection this summer once finals are over. Well I don't really need to browse, I already know what I want to order online through the website, just as long as I can pick up the title. It beats paying full price at Kawaii Anime down in Pasadena.

I also PM you a question.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1