Weaver, Mimi Meme Mimi Perform Yamada-kun & the Seven Witches Anime Theme Songs (Update)
posted on by Karen Ressler
The official website for for the upcoming television anime Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) announced on Monday that WEAVER will perform the opening theme "Kuchizuke Diamond" and Mimi Meme Mimi will perform the ending theme "CANDY MAGIC."
WEAVER (pictured right) is a piano band consisting of Shōta Okuno (Bass & Chorus), Yūji Sugimoto (Piano & Vocal), and Tohru Kawabe (Drum & Chorus). The group debuted live in 2007 and launched their first single in 2009.
"Audiovisual unit" Mimi Meme Mimi consists of singer/songwriter Yuki Takao and illustrator Chamooi. The pair's debut song was used as the opening theme for the 2013 anime Kimi no Iru Machi and they have since contributed the opening theme song for Blade & Soul. Takao is playing the role of Maria Sarashima in the anime.
The official Youtube channel is streaming 15-second TV spots featuring the two themes:
In addition, the website announced that the series will premiere on April 12 at 11:30 p.m. on Tokyo MX. A special program will air ahead of the broadcast on April 5 and 6.
The cast includes:
- Ryota Ohsaka (Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara, Knights of Sidonia) as Ryū Yamada
- Saori Hayami (Is the order a rabbit?, Bakuman) as Urara Shiraishi
- Toshiki Masuda (Kimi no Iru Machi, Samurai Flamenco) as Toranosuke Miyamura
- Maaya Uchida (Date A Live II, Noragami) as Miyabi Itō
- Toshiharu Sasaki as Kentarō Tsubaki
- Eri Kitamura (Magic Kaito 1412, Knights of Sidonia) as Nene Odagiri
- Daisuke Ono (Terra Formars, Magi - The Kingdom of Magic) as Ushio Igarashi
- Jun Fukuyama (Blue Exorcist, Spice and Wolf) as Haruma Yamazaki
- Kana Hanazawa (Psycho-Pass, Steins;Gate) as Mikoto Asuka
- Yui Makino (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Angel Beats!) as Meiko Ōtsuka
- Yuki Takao (Kimi no Iru Machi, Blade & Soul) as Maria Sarashima
- Aoi Yuki (The Seven Deadly Sins, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) as Noa Takigawa
- Masumi Tazawa (Invaders of the Rokujyōma!?) as Rika Saionji
- Shinnosuke Tachibana (Kamisama Kiss, Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes) as Shinichi Tamaki
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintama, Macross Frontier) as Hideaki Tsurukawa
- Yuuki Ono (Kuroko's Basketball, Durarara!!×2) as Mitsuru Kameda
Tomoki Takuno ([email protected]: XENOGLOSSIA, Love Live! School idol project episode director) is directing anime at Liden Films with assistant director Fumiaki Usui. Michiko Yokote is writing and supervising the series scripts. Eriko Iida (Love Live! School idol project episode animation director) is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director. Yota Tsuruoka (Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) is the sound director, and Masaru Yokoyama is composing the music.
The story begins when high school boy Yamada bumps into the beautiful female honor student Shiraishi on the stairs, and their lips touch as they fall. When they regain their wits, they realize that they have swapped bodies. As time progresses, the two realize that this is not the only mysterious happening in the school.
The manga's 15th compiled volume bundled the first anime DVD on December 17. The manga's 17th volume will bundle the second OVA and ship on May 15. (These anime will feature an original story and include hot spring scenes.)
Miki Yoshikawa launched the manga in 2012, and the series is currently running in Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine. Crunchyroll is releasing manga chapters online overseas as they are published in Japan. The manga already inspired a live-action television adaptation that premiered in 2013.
Update: TV Spots added, typo fixed. Thanks, thunderkingnue29.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history