Los Angeles Theater to Screen Gundam: The Origin
posted on by Karen Ressler
Sunrise Inc. announced on Thursday that it will collaborate with Azoland Pictures to screen the first two episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin, "Blue-Eyed Casval" and "Artesia's Sorrow," at the Downtown Independent theater in Los Angeles, California on October 31. The one-time screening at 6:00 p.m. will feature the English dub.
"Artesia's Sorrow" will debut in 15 Japanese theaters on the same day, October 31. "Blue-Eyed Casval" premiered in a limited engagement in Japanese theaters on February 28, and Anime Consortium Japan began a premium paid streaming of the episode with both the Japanese and English dubs on its Daisuki service on the same date.
Right Stuf, in collaboration with Sunrise, offered the first episode in a Blu-ray Disc/DVD combo pack on April 24.
The English dub cast includes:
- Keith Silverstein as Edward Mass/Casval Rem Deikun
- Maggie O'Connor as Sayla Mass/Artesia Som Deikun
- Marc Thompson as Degwin Sodo Zabi
- Liam O'Brien as Gihren Zabi
- Bob Johnson as Dozle Zabi
- Wendee Lee as Kycilia Zabi
- Kirk Thornton as Ramba Ral
- Amanda Shuckman as Crowley Hamon
- Doug Stone as Jimba Ral
- Veronica Taylor as Astraia Tor Deikun
- David Vincent as Gaia
- Doug Erholtz as Ortega
- Tom Wayland as Mash
- Fryda Wolff as Amuro Ray and Mirai Yashima
- Ben Diskin as Char Aznable
"Blue-Eyed Casval" tells the story of Casval Rem Deikun and Artesia Som Deikun (Char and Sayla, before Char became known as the Red Comet) before the One-Year War in UC.0068. "Artesia's Sorrow" moves three years ahead to U.C. 0071, and will follow the tearful separation of the siblings. It will also feature more of the development of the mobile suits, particularly on the Zeon side.
The series will have four parts.