• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
For just buying off the shelf.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
excel7769

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm new here, but I didn't see anything about this so I thought that I might throw it out there. Very Happy For just plain buying off the shelf anime and you need it fairly recent you can't go wrong with BestBuy or it's online site. I've found that I can get most of the anime I'm looking for, for under $20.00... if I had to brag I think the best deal I got was on Yugo the Negoitiator I got the art box and DVD 1 for $12.99 as a kind of special promotion. Another I've found that's been good to me is ADV online, I bought a copy of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and got a 50% off cupon for the whole box set of Full Metal Panic! so that was pretty good too.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:38 pm Reply with quote
excel7769 wrote:
I'm new here, but I didn't see anything about this so I thought that I might throw it out there. Very Happy For just plain buying off the shelf anime and you need it fairly recent you can't go wrong with BestBuy or it's online site. I've found that I can get most of the anime I'm looking for, for under $20.00... if I had to brag I think the best deal I got was on Yugo the Negoitiator I got the art box and DVD 1 for $12.99 as a kind of special promotion. Another I've found that's been good to me is ADV online, I bought a copy of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and got a 50% off cupon for the whole box set of Full Metal Panic! so that was pretty good too.

I think it's well known that Best Buy has good prices for anime, so it doesn't need to be brought up. For better prices, you might check out Deepdiscountdvd.com in which many anime studio have 40% discount and free shipping.
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quote
Overstock.com is usually in the 35-40% off range with cheap shipping and frequent ultra-low shipping specials like $1 for your whole order. Sometimes you can get a slightly better price than DDD that way. It's also a good idea to look out for pre-order specials.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1