• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Scrapped Princess artbox...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:03 am Reply with quote
I've looked around many online stores and found that none of them have a limited edition item which hold an artbox. Does this mean that Bandai Ent. isn't releasing an artbox with this series at all?
I bought the Vol.1+figure a few months ago and found that there wasn't any artbox, just the box that holds the DVD and figure there.
There are some shops that say there is an limited edition collector's artbox with volume 1, does anyone have this?
I bought my limited vol.1 from DVD Pacific:

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=642908

and it reads that there's an artbox with it, but all I got was the DVD, the figure and the box that contained them.

I need clarification here, please, any help is welcome!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I do believe the box that contained them is the artbox in question...unless it just came in a brown cardboard box. If there's decoration on the box with Scrapped Princess images and all on it, my guess is that's the artbox.
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:03 am Reply with quote
CrackaJax wrote:
I do believe the box that contained them is the artbox in question...unless it just came in a brown cardboard box. If there's decoration on the box with Scrapped Princess images and all on it, my guess is that's the artbox.

I doubt that box is the actual collector's artbox, because there is a synopsis at the back for only volume 1 episodes 1-4, and this scheme follows on the same for the other limited edition figure boxes, i.e. box has details of the corresponding details of which DVD it contains.
I don't think this is the artbox because the card is very flimsy, unlike the usual Bandai robust artboxes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote
The actual Scrapped Princess artbox is scheduled to be included with vol. 6 next year on Jan 24.

Those other boxes are just meant to hold the figure that comes with the DVD and you can throw those away (the boxes).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
The actual Scrapped Princess artbox is scheduled to be included with vol. 6 next year on Jan 24.

Yes, that was exactly what I had thought Bandai would do. But the details gathered from multiple online stores confuse me because all of the volumes they state to have a limited edition collector's box, and yet again this detail is the same for volume 6.

I just wanted to clarify that. Thanks kusanagi-sama.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1