• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Samurai 7 Anime Debuts on Toonami on August 19

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:56 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Nonetheless, it's better animated than most anime, sadly enough.

Afro Samurai is on par with this series, and both had bad animation. Moeblob anime has better animation that these two.

Moeblobs typically don't have much huge movements though, so it allows them to allocate more resources to whatever subtle movements there are, resulting in smoother movements. Afro Samurai and Black Dynamite, in contrast, are primarily action shows with a lot of huge movements required for animation, so much resources can't be devoted to too many sequences, with respect to money and time constraints.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

Afro Samurai is on par with this series, and both had bad animation. Moeblob anime has better animation that these two.

Moeblob anime tends to look artistically "dead" so to speak. Afro Samurai and Black Dynamite may not have amazing animation, but you cannot deny that they have highly distinctive and attractive styles.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
From what I understand Code Geass didn't do so well on AS either and that was a huge hit in Japan. And yet that show had a lot of action.

For what it's worth, [as] also didn't promote Geass, like at all. And then threw it to 5AM in the middle of it's premiere run (once again with no promotion)
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Though they did spend money on Black Dynamite. But then, they own it and whatever merch comes out of it.

Cause we all know blatant stereotyping = $$$$$$$$$

Black Dynamite would count more as Blaxploitation--it's supposed to be ridiculous; whether or not that's fine with you depends.

Too bad it's nowhere near as good as the pilot.

Eureka just bugs me. The show bombed in the ratings the last time it aired on Adult Swim when it was new. Really gonna try again?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10