• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cons: which ones going to / have been to this year?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
We're fans of both American comics and manga/anime, so it's a good convention for us. This will likely be the last year I attend, however, since I'm moving to Los Angeles in August. Driving from Minnesota to Illinois isn't that big a deal, but California to Illinois would be ridiculous. ^^; That's okay, though, since living in LA will bring me closer to much larger and more celebrated cons.
Don't forget that there is a Wizard World convention in LA as well.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
We're fans of both American comics and manga/anime, so it's a good convention for us. This will likely be the last year I attend, however, since I'm moving to Los Angeles in August. Driving from Minnesota to Illinois isn't that big a deal, but California to Illinois would be ridiculous. ^^; That's okay, though, since living in LA will bring me closer to much larger and more celebrated cons.

So I guess we won't be seeing you at Anime Detour next year? Crying or Very sad
I didn't meet you there this year anyway, but I'm planning on being an Anime Detour regular now, since I had so much fun at this year's con. So that's why I'm kinda sad to hear that you are leaving the good ol' Midwest. I don't know when I'll ever attend a West Coast con again, though.
gundamfan80

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quote
well I only really get to go to one each year. Jafax, a tiny con out here in michigan
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:46 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
So I guess we won't be seeing you at Anime Detour next year? Crying or Very sad
I didn't meet you there this year anyway, but I'm planning on being an Anime Detour regular now, since I had so much fun at this year's con. So that's why I'm kinda sad to hear that you are leaving the good ol' Midwest. I don't know when I'll ever attend a West Coast con again, though.

Heh... I actually missed Anime Detour this year, since I was in the final dash of frantically finishing my last semester of college. I've attended in the past, though, and I enjoyed it. I'm thinking of maybe attending AnimeIowa before I leave, since it IS the last anime con I'll be able to go to in the Midwest. It depends on my financial situation. Razz Believe me, I'm sadder than anyone that I have to leave the Midwest. I love it here. Minneapolis is a city close to my heart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lone_samurai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I'll be headed to the Anime Expo this year, this will be my first convention I ever go to. I wasn't to sure if I was going but last minute I made up my mind, I'll only be there on saturday which I more than happy with. I already have my tickets and now I'm just counting down the days, also I'll be cosplaying as Mugen from Samurai Champloo. Since it's my first time I thought I should go all-out.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote
I gave in and signed up for AX. Still considering Comic Con, cus I have crap I want Amano and Koike to autograph.
bennyb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quote
Genericon in Troy, NY. Was my first real con and very fun. Also going to Bakaretsu con in Vermont in Novemeber, anyone else?
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:33 am Reply with quote
I went to Genericon in 2001, and I really enjoyed it. It was a great little con. How has it been lately? Has it shifted more towards the gaming/sci-fi side or the anime/manga side?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2